Chapter Eighteen

"What is that?" Isaac asked, as Derek gave him a bronze medallion of sorts which had a triskele printed on it. The three beta's were sat around in the bus whilst Derek was rooting through a box of things. Hayley was stood in the door way watching over them, but she had plans to leave and go get dinner and then crash at her mothers place so she wasn't at risk of a collection of angry teenage wolves who might want to kill her.

"It's a triskele. The spirals mean different things," Boyd began, and Derek looked over to him a proud smile on his face whilst the corners of Hayley's lips quirked up. He looked like a father proud of his child and it gave her some hope, "- past, present future; mother, father, child..."

"Do you know what it means to me?"

"Alpha, Beta, Omega?" Boyd offered again. Isaac and Erica just kept looking between them waiting to find out all the information.

"That's right. It's a spiral-" he muttered tracing the pattern with his fingertips, "- it reminds us that we can all rise to one or fall to another. Betas can become Alphas, but Alphas can also fall to Betas, or even Omegas." So, Derek could lose his alpha status? She prayed that he would because his ego was uncontrollable as an alpha.

"Like Scott?"

"Scott's with us."

She wasn't aware of that. Hayley pushed herself up from leaning against the wall as she glanced at Derek questioningly. "Really? Then where is he now?" Isaac asked, they'd all been forced into being locked down for the night.

"He's looking for Jackson."

"He's what now?" Hayley asked leaning forward slightly. Isaac couldn't be killed and her baby brother was going kanima hunting on his own. Derek ignored her as he was too focused on the irritated look on his beta's faces.

"Don't worry, he's not gonna have it easy tonight, either. None of us will. There's a price you pay for this kind of power. You get the ability to heal, but tonight, you're gonna want to kill anything you can find."

"Good thing I had my period last week, then." Erica chuckled, both Isaac and Boyd looked away flustered whilst Hayley hummed out of amusement. That was the one good thing about being pregnant. She hadn't had any periods in ages.

"Well," Derek mused holding up the medieval torture headband, "this one's for you."

"I still want to know where you buy stuff like that. Like, what are people thinking making it in the first place never-mind selling it for use..." Hayley mused, "they must have thought you a right kinky weirdo," she added on her voice filled with amusement and Derek glanced at her questioningly, "you know I speak the truth."

"Do you always give a running commentary on everything?"

"Well, what would be the point of me if I didn't?" She countered. It was true. In terms of the supernatural world she was useless. She wasn't apart of it, she couldn't fight, she didn't have the brains like Stiles had, she was just there. Just dealing with it and struggling with it. "So, what happens if they break free?"

"Then you'll do anything you can to get out of here. Probably try to kill me," Hayley raised her eyebrow at that. She would have thought him being an alpha would prevent that from happening, or that there would be some internal pack mentality that would help them not try and damage each-other, "then kill each other, and kill anything else with a heartbeat."

He then pushed himself to his feet with the headband gripped tightly in his hands, "I need you to hold her," he ordered the other two.

"So, how come she gets to wear the headband?" Isaac asked, as he grabbed onto one of Erica's arms and Boyd did the same thing.