Had- The aftermath

This was inspired by @EmotionalCellist

Happy Valentines Day!

Now to the story...

It didn't work. Gabriel woke up on the cold hard ground of the bathroom, a bag of pills in his hands. He shook his head, not believing his luck. Why was he still alive?

This is your punishment. A voice whispers in his ear. Gabriel shivers with fright and from the cold, running out of the bathroom.

Don't run, you know this is what you deserve... You cheated on your soulmate, you know what that means...

Gabriel swallows and shuts his eyes shut, he did know what that meant. Eternal damnation.

You thought he would never find out. That's why it was okay, right? It keeps on whispering into his ear. He feels a cold hand run up his spine and he whirls around, finding nothing except a fallen item from Sam's bag.

The ring.

Remember every curve and glint of the ring. It will never let you forget of why you could've had, with poor Sammy.

Gabriel picks it up with trembling hands, opening up the box. It was absolutely beautiful. It was gold with a bright, big diamond embedded into the band. Something was written on it. Gabriel squints and reads out loud. "Forever and Always, Gabriel Winchester."

Gabriel Winchester, it whispers, that could've been your name. If you weren't such a slut.

He tugs at his hair, the room spinning. I'm not a slut, he argued.

Then why did you sleep with Lucifer and Sam, when you knew it was going to break his already imperfect heart...

Tears stream down Gabriel's face. He knew that the voice was right, he didn't want to admit it to himself. He should have never even touched Lucifer and now because of his lust, he had lost everything important to him. His happiness, his love and his Sammy.

A lightbulb went off in his head. Sam! He would be able to get rid of the damnation, but only if he would take Gabriel back.

Ha! The voice laughs. As if he would actually take you back, admit it, you're just pathetic, who would want someone like you?

A cheater.

Unfaithful.

Whore.

Come with me and it will all be okay, come with me and you will forget. Everything.

A hand grasps Gabriel's shoulder and he stills in fear, not wanting to turn around. Another hand grasps his wrist roughly, leaving a burning mark left behind. Sense snaps into Gabriel and he runs out of the house, not wanting to turn around, in fear of seeing his worst nightmare.

He had to find Sam.

Sam's Pov

Sam throws the liquor bottle against the wall, an angry red appearing on his hand. The knocking on the door intensifies, screams coming from the other side.

"Sam!" Yelled Dean, banging on the door. "Let me in! Please!"

Sam shakes his head and falls down on his bed, wanting to be dead. "Why?" he asks, his body numb. "So you can come in here and tell me it's alright, that he didn't mean to. That it's all going to be fucking okay?!"

The door flies off its hinges, startling Sam. Dean barges in, followed timidly by Castiel.

"Go away! Take him away! He knew, he knew all along!" Sam lunges towards Castiel.

Dean catches him just in time, restraining him from hurting his boyfriend.

"Sam calm down, he didn't know! Nobody did!" Dean grabs his arms, throwing him against the wall.

Sam slumps down, his head in his hands. "Please, just go." He whispers in the voice of a broken man.

Castiel and Dean sit next to him, each slinging an arm around him. "We're sorry, Sam." Castiel says sadly, putting his head against Sam's shoulder.

"It's not your guys' fault. It's mine, for thinking that Gabriel actually loved me." Silent tears fall down his face and Dean wipes them away.

Before he can say anything somebody appears in the room.

"Hey Sam." Gabriel smiles sadly.

"Get out." Sam says quietly, standing up and looking him in the eyes. He wanted to show Gabriel that he could do just fine without him, that he was doing fine without him.

"Just give me a chance to explain-"

"You already explained Gabriel!" Sam shouts, standing centimeters from his face.

Dean is suddenly standing in between, pushing Gabriel away from Sam. "You don't get to talk to my baby brother, bitch. You break his hearts and I break your face, I told you that the first second you guys started dating. It's not his fault you were whoring around, letting anyone in your pants, even the fucking devil." He cracks his knuckles and swings his fist back.

"Please I jut have to tell him one thing." Gabriel says, putting up his hands in front of his face.

"Wait." Sam holds up his hand to stop Dean from hitting Gabriel. "Let him speak, then he can go fuck himself, or find someone else to do it for him."

"Isn't that right, honey?" Sam gives him a sickly sweet smile that bores into Gabriel's mind.

He falls down on his knees. "Please take me back Sam. I was stupid and careless. I love you."

Sam shakes his head. "I already told you, I don't love you anymore." He meant it.

"Y-you don't understand. The voices, they're whispering to me, telling me to go says with them. They're haunting me and the only way for them to go away is for you take me back, please."

Sam crouches down to his level and looks him right in the eye. "Gabriel," He grabs his face in his hands and Gabriel looks up at him hopefully. "It's called depression."

Sam lets go and starts walking towards the open entrance, followed by Dean and Castiel.

"Sam, please..."

Sam looks back for the final time in his life. Everyone single person knew this was it, they're breaking point. "No."

Gabriel's worst nightmare had come true...