Hi.

It started with a word. One word that led to a sentence that led to paragraph that led to a vow. It wasn't a nice word and it wasn't a mean word. It just was.

It was a nice day with rain falling from the clouds, as it should be, and the sky was a dark grey with white swirls. It was spotted black as birds flew around from tree to shrub.

Kids where running from puddle to puddle, soaking their parents along the way. Cars zoomed up and down the streets, as if they were in a hurry.

It was a nice day.

I had been waking to the park, knowing it would be deserted. But of course as every story goes, I didn't plan on him being there, he just suddenly was.

My sister had gotten mad at me again, but it was so long ago that I can't even remember why. It was probably something to do with her boyfriends. She always thought I was out to steal them.

I had walked to my favourite run down swing, the rain making light tapping noises against my trench coat. Except I didn't notice the buff boy until I was five feet away from him.

His head was down so I couldn't see his face but I bet he was beautiful. At the time I wasn't sure exactly what sex I liked, but the thoughts in my head assured that I was, in fact, gay.

Charming.

I was a little upset that he was sitting on my spot but I decided to let it go, just this time. He seemed so sad and I knew he was crying by the way his shoulder shrugged up and down. I remember that I had lightly crouched down and touched his arm. Of course, he was startled. It was not everyday a complete stranger came up to you and touched you, well maybe to others that did happen everyday.

He had looked up at me with a tear streaked face and bloodshot eyes. I had been right, he was crying. I felt like smiling from my correct deduction but I realized that would seem rude. You don't smile at someone because they're crying.

We stared at each other for what seemed like ages until he opened his mouth, but nothing came out. He shook his head in frustration and anger, and I wondered why. Well, I didn't know at the moment. I found out two years later. But that was on another nice day, not this one.

He sighed, looking up at the sky and that's when I noticed his beautiful, bright green eyes. In fact, I was slowly realizing he was absolutely stunning. He looked back down.

I smiled at him and he grinned back, out position making it even more awkward then it was.

Finally he opened his mouth once again and it was music to my ears.

"Hi."