Pass the salt

@Mabeltheawkwardtable go check it out! Please :)

I haven't updated in forever and I feel bad. Anyways this has been in my mind for such a long time, even before I watched supernatural or even heard if doctor who! I just thought it would be a nice scene and yeah (finishes off lamely...)

Now to the story...

"...and lead is not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen." I sat at the table, wringing my hands and looking down at my plate. I say amen along with my parents and gulp, not wanting to be here. The clanking of the knifes and forks against the plates taunting me, telling me to say something.

"Castiel can you pass the salt please?" My dad asks, snapping me from my day dream.

I look up and say the first thing that comes to my mind. "I'm gay."

My eyes widen and I slap a hand over my mouth. My mom puts both her hands down and looks to her plate, her body shaking.

My dad sighs and looks up at the ceiling. "Is that stopping you from passing me the salt?"

I look at him, confused. Isn't he supposed to be mad? My family is the most religious family in the world and they're not saying anything.

"N-no?" I stutter.

"Then okay, now can you please pass me the salt?" He asks again impatiently.

My mom stops with her silent shaking and bursts out laughing. She throws her head back and hold her stomach, wiping tears from her eyes. "Honey, you thought we didn't know? We're not stupid, love! Dean, your supposed best friend, looks at you like you hung the moon and you look at him like he rose the sun! When you where five you old me you where going to marry Dean, Castiel! We knew way before you did!" She exclaims, putting her hand over my shaking hands.

"B-but you're so religious and the bible... Leviticus..."

My dad shakes his head, annoyed that I haven't given him the salt. "Yeah and Leviticus says also to never cut your hair! I guess I'll see you down their in hell, I'll keep the gates open! Now please Castiel the salt, my meat needs salt!" He pleads with me, clasping his hands together.

"So you're okay with it?" I ask with hesitance, looking at both my parents with hope.

"Honey, you have gay relatives, of course we're okay with it." My dad says, smiling at me.

"I have...what?" I ask dumbfounded.

"Have I told you about your uncle Captain Jack Harkness?" My mom says, smiling fondly at a last memory.

I shake my head no and she launches into a story about mad men with blue boxes, women with big bad wolfs and a sad man who never died.

At the end of the tale I stared even more confused at my mom. "That sounds like a fantasy." I accuse my mom, squinting my eyes at her.

"More like a dream come true." She smiled and my dad shakes his head at her, grinning slightly.

"And besides son, I'm bisexual so..." He trails off and I see my parents in a new light.

Not in the catholic stereotypical way but in the everyday normal caring parents way who love their kids no matter what just like the should.

I spring up from my seat and hug them both, tears streaming down my face.

"I love you guys."

"We love you too Castiel."