44

Hey people, so I got the playlists done! My Spotify link is in my bio! let me know if you guys have any songs you want me to add to any of the playlists!

Anywho, enjoy the chapter.

-------------

It seemed that the universe simply refused to give you any sort of break.

As you faced the flame hero, you kept a relaxed demeanor. Refusing to show any sort of fear or hesitation.

On the inside though, you were freaking out.

You had to act with the fact in mind that he probably didn't know who you were. He had only ever seen you on TV and the pieces of your outfit masked any major defining features. Hopefully, it was dark enough to cover anything that could expose your identity. Although the flames on his body could prove to be an inconvenience when it came to hiding in the shadows.

Allowing him to remain unaware of your true identity put you at both an advantage and a disadvantage. The disadvantage being that you could only use one ability, using any more than that would lead to your exposure.

And since the media had decided you possessed a strength quirk of some kind, you would just have to go with that.

He spoke in that angry, booming voice of his. "As of right now you are nothing more than a low-class criminal. Give up and spare yourself any further damage."

You couldn't fight him, not without the use of your full power. What you needed to do was find a way to get out of his sight completely and use your speed to get somewhere safe.

With a scoff, you stepped forward. "Is this your attempt at being merciful? It seems you've realized now that you have the title of number one you can't resort to meaningless violence. It's sad that you've only started to change now that your goal has been accomplished."

"This will be your last warning-"

"What about the people you hurt along the way? How is it that you get to parade around calling yourself a hero, how is it that any of you can call yourselves heroes with the number of skeletons hiding in your closets?"

Endeavor took another step forward. "So, you're someone with a grudge against heroes. Is that why you felt the need to attack my acquaintance from the commission last night?"

"You mean the scumbag at the bar who was attempting to assault someone while they were barely conscious? I'm not surprised the two of you are friends."

You spotted an opening to his side, if you could manage to land a blow and get past him then it would allow you to escape.

The fact that his quirk utilized fire was not helping to calm your nerves. The heat from the flames had your body on edge, a reaction that stemmed from the burnt villain who had enjoyed showing you many different ways that he could inflict pain with his fire.

You quickly flung the knife you held in your hand toward his face. He stopped it before it could come in contact, but when he reached to send an attack at you, you had already run to the side of the alley.

You jumped, pressing the bottom of your feet to the wall and pushing off with a burst of strength. Coming up in the air behind him, you landed a blow to the back of his head.

Before you could attempt to flee, you felt his hand grip your arm and slam you into the ground.

You landed on the pavement with a gasp, feeling a burst of pain shoot through your shoulder.

"You're stronger than I had originally thought, but resistance is futile. I'm bringing you into custody."

Hearing his footsteps come closer, you readied yourself to make a move. Feining helplessness seemed to keep him from attacking any further. For the moment you remained still, keeping your eyes shut as if the blow had knocked you unconscious.