Chapter 17:Return To The Roswaal Mansion

Seren woke the following morning. He was tired so he didn't bother to open his eyes. He felt like just going back to sleep.

Rem: Good morning Seren.

Seren smiled at the sound of Rem's voice. It was a soft voice, the kind that could take you away into another world of happiness. But Rem's voice seemed awfully close. Seren opened his eyes, all he could see in his vision was Rem's face. Seren began to blush as he realized what had happened. When Rem had come into his room and asked to lie next to him for a moment and they started cuddling, they must have fallen alseep. Seren suddenly realized he had his arms wrapped around Rem's body and she had her arms around him. They had been hugging the whole night.

Seren: Uhhhh Rem I-

Rem: It's alright Seren, I enjoyed your warmth last night.

Seren: Oh

Rem: Anyway we should get up. We have a long day ahead of us.

Rem began to disengage from Seren, beginning to remove her arms from his side. But almost on its own. Seren's body held her tight, bringing her into an embrace.

Seren: Maybe, we should enjoy this moment then.

Rem looked hesitant for a moment, and then gave in.

Rem: I guess we could enjoy ourselves for a little longer,

Seren and Rem continued to cuddle in the bed, feeling each others presence and enjoying the moment. Seren began to think about what he would say when he saw, her gain.

Seren: Emilia will be, angry with me won't she.

Rem: If you take the time, to properly face her, and communicate how you feel with words, I'm sure she'll understand.

Timeskip

Preparations were complete and they were on the road. The plan was to fight off whatever had caused Rem to feel danger coming from her sisters location.

Felix: We don't really knyow what we're going into then huh?

Seren: No we don't, all we know is that there's something bad at the mansion. And I'll find out what it is and stop it.

Felix: Wow, you're really motivated today. I noticed you and Rem coming out of the same room this morning. Did something happen between you two?

Seren: T-that's none of you business!

Felix: When's the wedding?

Seren: Oh shut up!

Timeskip

They were close to the mansion when they saw something that made them stop.

Rem: What is this?

In the distance was a large red sphere covering the mansion and the village.

Seren: That's IO's work. He's got all sorts of magical abilities. He once told me he could make powerful barriers, the problem is that nothing can get in, but nothing can get out either. So until we stop whatever is attacking them, their stuck.

Wilhelm: And I'll assume they are the attackers?

Wilhelm indicated a group of many hooded figures in the distance. They were throwing fireballs in a fruitless attempt to breach the barrier. Seren saw one man in the group who kept biting his fingers, and coming from his back was.

Seren: The unseen hand!?

Seren thought to himself. How could someone other then himself have an authority of the witch? Did his mothers have other children that he didn't know about? Had that man killed his mother Sekhmet and stolen her authority? What was he?