Chapter 34: Negotiations

When Seren woke up he was slightly confused until he remembered where he was. Seren opened his eyes to see Priscilla, sleeping next to him. Seren started to move when he realized he still had a hand wrapped around her breast. Not wanting to wake her, Seren slowly moved his hand away and stood up. He quietly tip-toed out of the room, making sure the door didn't make a noise when he left. He headed to his room, sighting in relief when he got their.

Seren: Ok, I got out of there. Now I just need to complete negotiations and I can leave this place.

Vera: Why not pass the time then while the mistress is still asleep?

Seren turned to see Vera standing in the doorway.

Seren tensed for a moment before remembering Vera wasn't a threat.

Seren: Oh hey Vera, what's up?

Vera: You can't negotiate anything while Priscilla is sleeping so why don't we train together?

Seren: Train?

Vera: Yeah! Cmon!

Vera took Seren's hand, leading him outside. The two stood on the lawn facing each other.

Vera: Alrigth, come at me!

Seren obliged. Even thought Vera was in a trance he still really wanted to punch him in the face for how he destroyed him in their first fight. Seren shot at Vera, he went for lunch but Vera avoided the attack. Vera began to run around the area, jumping off walls and tree trunks and circling him. Seren suddenly felt a great force hit him from behind and he fell to the ground.

Vera: That's too bad.

Seren stood up to see Vera standing in front of him.

Vera: Not only is your body slow, but your mind is too. At this rate if we really did fight, I'd clobber you.

Seren sighed knowing he was right. Even thought this Vera didn't remember, Seren knew that Vera could beat him without much difficulty.

Vera: So now I just kinda want you to attack me. Go ahead, I won't attack back, I'll only avoid, use anything you want I'll only dodge.

Seren: Alright then!

Seren unleashed his unseen hands, only for Vera to avoid them completely.

Vera: If you want to catch me, try using something faster.

Seren: Yuk can see them?!

Vera: Yeah, witches children can see the unseen hand.

Seren: Wait then your-

Vera: Yeah, same as you.

Seren: But-

Vera: We're not related, my mother is different from your mothers and I'll leave it at that.

Seren: Is that how you move so quick?

Vera: No, I learned this speed over time.

Seren: Then you could teach me?

 Vera: Sure I'll tell you. It's all about your blood. I assume you know how to use witch's blood?

Seren: Yeah.

Vera: Well when it activates its evenly around your body. But if you learn to move your witches blood to specific part of your body, like you eyes. Then you can have better reaction time. Or put it into your legs to move really quick. And as you become more fit and naturally improve your reaction time and speed, you'll be even better.

Seren: Alright, I'm coming at you now.

Vera: Let's see it!

Seren activated his witches blood. He felt anger but he kept it under control. He focused on his legs, trying to move the blood there. He concentrated on his blood flow. He felt it leaving his heart, moving down toward his legs, giving them a boost. He stood up and ran at Vera. Instantly it felt faster. Vera was surprised at how quick he had improved. Not expecting suck rapid growth Vera only barely dodged the attack.

Vera: That was pretty good! If you work on that for a few more months you'll be as fast as me. But let's call it for now. I believe the mistress is awake by now.

Seren: Alright then I'll see you another time Vera.

Vera: Yep.

Seren went back into the mansion to Priscilla's office where the negotiations would take place. He entered to find Priscilla sitting in a chair.

Priscilla: You have kept mineself waiting.

Seren: Yeah yeah, let's just do this.

Seren took a seat across from her and the negotiations began.

Seren: The main goal of ours in this is to form an alliance with the Priscilla camp. I'm sure there is something of ours you want in return of this. For starters I could offer you a portion of the mining rights for magic stones in Eliot forest. That is one bargaining chip of mine but if there's something else you desire I will hear you out.

Priscilla: Ha! If you believe some mining rights will sway me to form an alliance you are mistaken.

Seren: Well then what do we need to do for this agreement to happen.

Priscilla: Simple, you.

Seren: Me?

Priscilla: I've taken quite the liking to you so you will be joining my camp if you wish for this deal to take place.

Seren: I can't leave Emilia like that!

Priscilla: Well then-

Seren: But I could offer a compromise. If you wish to order me around then I could-

Priscilla: You fool! How could you be so dense! I've taken a liking to you so you will have to pleasure me when I wish.

Seren: Then how about this. I'll come to your estate at a set time, sat once every 3 months for example. On that day you can do what you wish with me. Order me around what ever. But other then that I'm still with Emilia's faction.

Priscilla:............... Once every two months. No less!

Seren: Fine I'll come over once every two months. In return we will have an alliance. Deal?

Priscilla: N-no! That is simply an offer. If you want an alliance as well then you will come over once a month!!!

Seren: Fine! Once time a month. In return for an alliance. Deal?

Priscilla was debating whether to go for 2 times a month but she doubted he would agree to that. She already had him all to herself for an entire day every month. Priscilla hated the idea that Seren would be with other women when he wasn't at her mansion. But she decided an alliance was a small price to pay. She felt like this was out of character for her. She didn't love anyone, she was doing things to her benefit alone. And yet she had somehow fallen for this peasant.

Priscilla: Very well.

The two shook hands. Seren wondered if he made the right choice but it was too late now.

Seren: So what day of the month will you chose?

Priscilla: Last day of the month and not a day sooner, don't try to get out of it.

Seren: I won't, so then I'll see you in 6 days.

Timeskip

Seren was thinking about the deal on the ride home. He would have to go to the Barriel mansion every month. He didn't like the place but he would do it to help Emilia.

Seren: Maybe I'll like Priscilla more once I get to know her. Seren thought.

Vera watched the carriage leave from the his rooms balcony, a smile on his face.

Vera: Every piece is in place. Now it's time to begin my plan.

Editors note: Sorry this chapter was so uneventful. The next once has a lot more in it. Let me know how I can improve in the comments and I'll see you next chapter!