Chapter 43: Waterfall

The Deception King walked toward the carriage that had just arrived at the mansion, it was surprisingly normal looking for someone of the Kings calibre. But it was to ensure they wouldn't be noticed by anyone, if a fancy carriage started going around the world, they were more likely to be found out, there were thousands of carriages that looked near identical to this one, so not a soul would bear them any mind.

Deception King: Let's get going!

Yoka: If I'm may ask, what of the royal candidate?

Deception King: Who cares!

Yoka: If you'll excuse me lord but, was she not supposed to be used as a hostage.

Deception King: That was the plan!

Yoka: Has something happened to change this?

Deception King: Yep! I got bored of that idea! I mean the whole hostage thing is so cliche! So I'm going to let her rot in the cell!

Yoka: I see, forgive my questioning.

Deception King: No problemo!

The King and Elsa entered the carriage, while Yoka took the drivers seat.

Yoka: What is our destination?

Deception King: We're going home! Set course for the great waterfall!

Meanwhile

Rem and Garfiel sat in their cell in silence. They had been trapped for nearly a week. They knew by now that escape was impossible, Garfiel had kicked at the bars for an hour when they had first been captured and couldn't even make a dent. Rem was very worried about Seren. She believed he could defeat anything that came his way, but she also worried he would one day meet an opponent even stronger.

The silence continued, as hours turned into days. It seemed like there would be no end to the silence. Only to be interrupted by a loud BOOM!

Garfiel: What in Naruto's name was that?!

Rem: I'm not sure.

However they didn't have to wait long, as a moment later, the door to their cell burst open, to reveal Priscilla herself, with IO by her side.

IO: Rem!

Rem: IO!

The spirit flew forward and landed in the girls outstretched hands. Rem smiled at the sight of him, if IO was alive, Seren couldn't be dead.

Rem: Where is Seren? Is he alright?

IO: He's been captured, but I'm certain he's alive. At the moment, me and Priscilla are in a temporary contract, turns out when you combine someone who's abilities are fire based, and a fire spirit, you get incredible power.

Priscilla: Of course, mineself is natural gifted.

Garfiel: We'll what're we waitin for?! Let's go save the boss already!

IO: Hold on, we should head for the capital first. We don't even know where they took Seren.

???: I might have a clue.

They turned to see a familiar red hair knight standing in the doorway.

IO: Hey Reinhard. What happened to you?

Reinhard: I seemed to have been in some kind of genjuts- I mean illusion, trapping me, it took a while to escape but it seems I'm too late. But I might have a possibility of where they are.

Garfiel: We'll let's hear it!

Reinhard: They could have taken him to what's known as the city hidden in the waterfall.