Chapter 27: You'll Be OK

Seren: Emilia!

Now that Seren had brought Garfiel to his side, he needed to take out the next piece in Roswaal's plan. Emilia not being able to complete the trial. Seren had a lot of leads that went somewhere about why Emilia couldn't complete the trial but they all came to one thing. Emilia seemed to have gaps in her memory. When Seren asked her about what she saw in her trial, Emilia had acted like she couldn't remember some parts of it. Seren thought long and hard about why she couldn't remember. His first though was that his mothers where blocking memory of Emilia's trial and past but he ruled it out because his mothers would have told him. He didn't think it was Emilia lying about what she knew because she was too honest for that. The only thing he could think of was-

Seren: Emilia!

Seren entered Emilia's room to find her asleep in her bed. Seren walked over to her, she looked to be having a nice dream at the moment, Seren looked at the sleeping Emilia for a bit but he wasn't there to see her. He wasn't sure if he was there so he did the only thing he could think of to make him come out. He began to move his hand toward Emilia's neck. Instantly he felt the slightest hint of an aura in the room. Suddenly his hands were covered in ice, Seren fell back from the cold smiling.

Seren: So you are still here.

???: Just because I don't come out doesn't mean I'm not around, I've been here the whole time.

Seren: Did you have to freeze my hands for real?

???: You can be a bit reckless and emotional so I had to be sure.

Seren: You daughter is suffering and yet you fail to come to her side.

???: ...

Seren: So how's about you and me have a talk, Puck.

Timeskip

Emilia woke up from a dream with fear in her eyes. She looked happy and peaceful on the outside but inside, she was having a terrible nightmare. She was scared, she took deep breaths to calm herself when she heard a voice.

Puck: You had another dream didn't you.

Emilia knew right away who it was and sat up quickly to see him.

Emilia: Puck! Thank goodness where have you been? I was so worried, please don't disappear like that again.

Puck: Do I look a little smaller then usual?

Emilia: Puck?

Emilia noticed Puck was right, he was usually the size of a small cat, but right now he was big enough to fit in Emilia's hand.

Puck: I guess my limits already approaching, of course I was consciously trying to break our contract so I guess it makes sense that I'd loose some of my strength.

Emilia: Break our.....contract? Puck what are-

Puck: I've been by your side all this time, I only couldn't tell you for my own personal reasons, and because you had your own problems, but from now on....

Puck said as the green crystal around Emilia's neck began to slowly crack. Emilia's eyes widened as she frantically tried to stop the stone from breaking further.

Emilia: No wait! Please! The stone! The stone you reside in-

Puck: I'm sorry, Lea. I wish I could explain but there's no time. As much as it pains me, I'm trusting you in the hands of those who care for you almost as much as I do.

Emilia: What are you saying?

Puck: Lea. I'm breaking the contract between you and me.

Emilia's eyes widened once more in shock as tears began to fall from her eyes.