Chapter 26: The Other Apostle

Seren: Hello Garfiel, you seem injured, you might wanna pour some hydrogen peroxide on that so it doesn't get infected.

Garfiel: Cut the nice talk! Your up to no good, so I'm takin you down right now!

Seren: That's not the right move here, I'm am not your enemy. Calm yourself and let's have a talk.

Garfiel: I'm not interested in anything you get to say! I'm takin you out and destroying that entrance to finally out an end to this!

Seren: Are you crazy! The barrier will be unbreakable, will be trapped forever.

Garfiel: That don't mean shit to me!

Seren: Garfiel, this isn't what your mother would have wanted.

Garfiel's eyed widened in shock. Earlier, Seren had asked Ryuzu to tell him as much as she could about Garfiel. She had told him a sad story of how Garfiel's mother left him to go outside the sanctuary, followed shortly after by his sister Frederica.

Garfiel: How to you know about that, stay out of other peoples business!

Seren: Do you think your mother would want you to attack me? Or do you still hold resentment toward her for abandoning you?

Garfiel: You-

Seren: Then Frederica left the sanctuary as well to create a new home for the people of the sanctuary, hoping you would shatter the barrier. You dumbass! All this time they've been waiting for you! And what have you been doing this whole time?! You've just stayed inside because of your own selfish hatred! But your mother cares for you a lot!

Garfiel: My mother doesn't care about me and I hate her all the same!

Seren: Then why the hell are you still here!? If you hated her so much then bust the hell out of here and get revenge n her or something! Or do you really hate the outside world that took her from you?!

Garfiel: Your wrong! I wanted....mom to be happy. She despises us I know it! We were in the way of her happiness. If you've got bagged..... what's wrong with leaving by the roadside? She left to find happiness, but I saw it in the graveyard. Right after she left there was a landslide and she...... if she left to find happiness only to die. Then what the hell am I suppose to do?

Seren: Garfiel.......

Garfiel: So I'm not letting reach the outside world! Ever! If I can't protect mom. Then I'll become the real barrier, and protect everything in my reach! The sanctuary the people the old hag! I'll protect them all, by killing you hear and now!

Garfiel transformed once more into his beast form but Seren was prepared as Ryuzu had already told him all he needed to know. As Garfiel charged him Seren summoned his unseen hands. Thanks to all his training with IO, Seren could now summon 10 unseen hands at once. The unseen hands grabbed onto Garfiel's legs, lifting him into the air. With a powerful spin, the unseen hands slammed Garfiel into the ground, knocking the wind out of him. Before he could recover, Seren ran up to him delivering a powerful kick to his skull. Causing Garfiel to turned back to his human form, bloody and beaten.

Garfiel: Why you!

In one final act of strength Garfiel charged Seren, throwing a powerful right hook at his neck. Seren avoided this clumsy attack and returned with his own right hook. Garfiel was quite buff for his age but his strength was nothing compared to Seren's witch's blood. Seren's hook hit Garfiel right on the cheek, launching him back into one of the stone walls surrounding the witch's grave, causing it to shatter upon impact.

Garfiel: That's it!

Garfiel yelled emerging from the rubble. He grasped the blue crystal around his neck, raising it into the air, it began to glow a light blue and several Ryuzu's began to emerge from the forest. Seren's eyes widened. Garfiel was an apostle of greed?