Chapter 40: A Game Of Distrust

They barrelled down the road at top speed in pursuit of Cecilus. They were moving so quick they would be only a blur to outsider viewers.

Reinhard: We need to find him before he passes the border.

Seren: Why? Couldn't we just chase him into the next country over?

Reinhard: I unfortunately cannot.

Seren: Huh?

Reinhard: I am prohibited from exiting Lugnica's borders.

IO: Basically he can't leave because other nations are scared of him,

Reinhard: That's one way to put it.

IO: Then we just gotta catch him before that happens.

Priscilla: With mineself present we're sure to be successful.

Seren looked down at Priscilla, he'd been carrying her thought the last 2 hours of their journey. She was surprisingly quite compared to her normal self but Seren didn't mind, the only thing was he had to keep himself from getting distracted by her chest constantly bouncing as they ran.

Priscilla: I'll let you touch them when we stop moving.

Seren: Huh!?

Priscilla: Your clearly staring at my divine rack, and I can't blame you. So as my loyal peasant, mineself will give you the privilege of getting to touch them.

IO: Caught in 4K!

Reinhard: It's quite rude stare at a woman like that.

Seren: Stop making me look bad!

Vera: There's someone up ahead.

Seren looked up and realized he was right. A man was standing in the middle of the road, blocking their path. He wore a white cloak with a hood so Seren couldn't see his face, but he knew right away who it was.

Seren: It's the deception king. The person Cecilus works for.

IO: Well let's ask him some questions. And how bout we give him a knuckle sandwich as an appetizer.

Reinhard: We're going to stop.

At his word they stopped, facing the figure ahead of them.

Reinhard: You are the Deception King, correct?

???: Indeed.

Reinhard: Then I will have to ask you to summon Cecilus Segment. He has broken the treaty between the Kingdom of Lugnica and the Empire of Volacia, and so he needs to face his punishment. Please comply as I would hate to use unnecessary violence.

???: Hehehe. I would LOVE to mister Reinhard, however there's one little problem.

Reinhard: And that is?

???: I'm bored, so very bored. Your little squabble with Ceci was fun and entertaining! So I want more moments like that! And if you ask me, a mad chase across the country sounds wonderful! But I guess I could tell you under one condition.

Seren: Condition?

???: Yes..... I want to play a game.

Seren: Game?

???: That's right! If you can win the game, I'll let you know exactly where Ceci is!

Reinhard: Unfortunately we don't have time as we need to find him as soon as possible.

???: Aww! Don't worry about it! I've ordered him to stop running! So you can find him so easily if you win!

IO: What exactly is the game?