First Impressions: Iwaoi

~~* January 8, 8:45 pm*~~

The evening sunset sent a glare through the window of the Oikawa mansion. 21 year old Oikawa was bickering with his father again, but this time, it was a little different.

"This is MY life. I can do what I want with it!" Oikawa shouted, earning a disapproving sigh from his father.

"I'm doing this for your own good," responded Mr. Oikawa calmly, not letting his son drive him down an angry warpath. He'd expected this reaction.

"Well stop trying to control my life!!" Oikawa exclaims, "friends, cars, curfews, and now this? I just don't understand you!"

"You're 21 years old, and yet you act like a reckless child. A bodyguard will protect and escort you to wherever you need to be."

"Isn't that a little much though?!"

"No, it certainly isn't. Now get your act together. Hajime Iwaizumi will be arriving soon."

"Ughh, I hate you!" screamed Oikawa as he stormed out of his dad's office without another glance.

Oikawa ran up the white, plastic stairs and hastily opened the wooden doors to his bedroom, shutting it loudly.

God, why is he so controlling?

Oikawa flopped onto his neatly made bed as he sighed. He eyed his room all around; Clutter lay stack after stack on the glass end tables, and mess was everywhere: on the floor, on his desk.. Piles of clothes stacked on top of his ottoman at the end of his bed.

The beautiful sunset stared back at him through the balcony window, as if it was taunting his pain.

"Tooru!" his dad had called out from downstairs, bringing Oikawa back to reality. With a heavy sigh he reluctantly responds.

"Coming dad!"

Oikawa wore dark black jeans, a green baggy shirt with a white striped long sleeve undershirt, and a few chains. Definitely not the best outfit for "meeting your new bodyguard that would follow you EVERYWHERE." Then again, Oikawa couldn't care less. Another person that would have to chaperone him like he's going to a teen party and there's drinking or something.

Oikawa ran fast down the stairs all the way to the entrance hall, and was surprised to see someone younger waiting by his dad.

He had tan skin, spiky brown hair, and olive greenish brownish eyes (Oikawa couldn't tell). He wore black jeans and a zipped up brown leather jacket (even more casual than Oikawa).

"Tooru, this is Iwaizumi. Iwaizumi, this is my son, Oikawa." Mr.Oikawa introduced them in a gentle tone, offering one of his polite smiles to the bodyguard.

Oikawa, who has mastered the art of hiding his feelings with facial expressions, put a smile on his face as if he was some happy go-lucky person.

"Hello, I'm Oikawa." he says with a non noticeable fake grin while offering out his hand for Iwaizumi to shake. "Pleased to meet you!"

"Likewise," Iwaizumi responded as he hesitantly shook Oikawa's hand.

"Tooru, why don't you show Iwaizumi to his room." suggested Mr.Oikawa, breaking the awkwardness and tension in the room.

"Of course, I would be more than happy to!" Oikawa nods, "Come come!"

Oikawa and Iwaizumi headed up the staircase, not a word passing between the two of them.

Might as well make new friends while you have the chance. He doesn't seem that much older than you anyway.

While he was trying to start conversation, an accidental nickname slipped out of his mouth.

"Soo, Iwa-Chan.." Oikawa started, but stopped himself once realizing what he had said.

"Wait, wait- did you just call me Iwa-Chan?!"
Iwaizumi exclaims, clearly taken back by the informal nickname. they had just met after all.

Oh shit, why did I have to say that!?

"Yes...it's your new nickname!" Oikawa explains, a chuckle escaping his lips. That was a close one.

Iwaizumi, looking as if he were going to punch Oikawa, secretly liked the nickname. Very unique.

"I mean, it's fine. Only if I get to call you Trashykawa."

"Wha-Hey!" Oikawa gasps as he pouted softly, not liking the vulgar nickname. At least Iwa-Chan was a cute name.

Iwaizumi laughed at Oikawa's (cute) pout.
He knew this was gonna be a rollercoaster, and it hadn't even been 24 hours. Before they knew it, they were already at the door to Oikawa's room.

"Okay, your room is next to mine. I don't know how you do your job or whatever, so you're on your own for that one," Oikawa explained with a shrug. "Breakfast starts at 7:30 am, dinner at 6:15 pm, and I go clubbing or partying on Fridays or Saturdays. Oh! And there is a 80% chance I'll have a hangover that next morning."

Oh god, too much information! You did it again Tooru.

Oikawa tried to hide his nervousness by offering a wide smile.

"Well, anyways- goodnight Iwa-Chan."

"Night Trashykawa."

Oikawa washed up for bed as he lay still, the blanket warming his cold body. He fell asleep thinking of the new bodyguard.

Little did anyone know, under the light of the moon at around 1:30am, a figure was watching him through the balcony window.