One step closer: Bokuaka

A/n: Okay, I lied. This chapter is over 2,000 words. The longest chapter I've ever written. 😓 Anyways, enjoy!

~~*January 14, 9:00 am*~~

Akaashi fidgeted with his hands as he waited for Daichi to start. He used to chew his nails, but told himself it wouldn't make a good impression so he stopped doing it. He glanced at Bokuto and quickly looked back. He tried so hard not to make things awkward, but the feelings wouldn't go away.

Daichi walked in and started speaking. "Okay everyone! With what we recently gathered has helped us a lot thanks to Officer Bokuto and Detective Akaashi."

"I would like to say," Akaashi jumped in "wouldn't it be more appropriate to call the Silver Crows a gang instead of a mafia? The definition of a mafia is a crime organization, mostly from a region or country, that is of higher power than probably the police itself."

"Well, I guess you have a point there." Daichi replied, a faint blush appearing on his cheeks.

"Well technically, years ago, they were a powerful group, almost on the same level as the Yakuza, therefore, they could've been classified as a mafia." Asahi informed "That wasn't until most of the members were arrested, knocking them down to a mafia not well known. Some people still remember them as a mafia, while others classify them as a gang because of the lack of power that they have."

"Oh, I see." Akaashi said rather embarrassed.

"Alright let's review. We investigated around Parkridge Ave and found a symbol of K&K on the back. We searched around the area but found no secret entrance." Daichi explained prominently.

Suna reminded everyone of something "Me and 'Samu have found out the trackers and mics are glitching a little so we can't get a lot of information from the guys undercover."

"But, we do know that they have found the base because of unfamiliar voices being said." Osamu added.

"Well, we predict the next big attack will happen sometime this week because of the pattern. The last victim, was known as Riko Kawanami, 17- year old girl who's dad was the owner of a famous jewelry store, was abducted on Wednesday, but was released 2 days after." Daichi explained.

"She was also released because of her family depositing 1,000,000 yen to an unknown bank account that the government does not know of and can't trace back to." Yaku reminded, crossing his arms.

"The crimes that ended in death happen every other week but, it's rare to happen." Nishinoya said looking at the notes he wrote.

"I'm pretty sure Spring n' Blooms, Parkridge Convenient Store, and that new cafe have made agreements with The Silver Crows about their businesses." Akaashi remarked.

"Wait," Daichi interrupted, noticing something "is the cafe called Latte~Bake?"

"I think so." Akaashi answered "Why?"

"Uh, a good friend of mine owns that place. A-are you sure that's true?" Daichi asked anticipating.

"I'm not quite sure but, there's been some rumors about the owner sneaking out back to talk to some shady people. And it's been talked about that he sends money to those guys." Akaashi said trying to remember.

"Ah, I see. I'll talk with my friend about that." Daichi affirmed.

"With that being said," Yaku declared "we should probably interrogate that owner and others who have interactions with The Silver Crows."

"You're right," Bokuto jumped in "they could be a suspect."

"Uh, okay." Daichi said nervously.

"Hello everyone! Sorry I'm late." Yamaguchi walked in with a file and ziplock bags.