Alley confessions: Kagehina

~~~<<**January 15, 6:30 pm**>>~~~

Hinata looked up to the sky to see the sun dim and bright. The sunset had beautiful colors of pink, yellow, purple, and orange. He looked over to his right to see Kageyama gazing into nothing. The wind blew over their faces is as the cold made Hinata shiver in response.

Over the past few years of being Kageyama's co worker, he had gained some sort of connection that he had never felt with anyone. When they first met, he thought Kageyama was a complete asshole. Until this point, he's not really sure what to think of him. He doesn't hate him (okay maybe a little), but they certainly weren't 'buddy buddies'.

Everyday was a new day where they pushed each other to new limits and heights which they never thought they could meet unless it was against each other. Hinata was never sure why Kageyama was so significant in his career, but ever since their meeting, he had become better and better as their rivalry raged on.

It was like a never ending cycle of their paths intertwining together, each time just to be better than the other. Of course, there were times when one of them was better, but it couldn't compare to when they were working together.

The cases that were magnificently solved because of their teamwork could only be significantly greater than them working solo.
Hinata had been thinking a lot about his feelings for Kageyama, and he wasn't sure if he was in love or not.

"Hey Kageyama, can we talk about something?" Hinata asked in a low voice. Kageyama's eyes slightly widened as he wasn't expecting Hinata to be more quiet.

"Uh sure what about?" Kageyama asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"I've been thinking a lot about.." Hinata hesitated. Was a really doing this? Was it worth it to risk their perfectly normal relationship just because he's confused about his feelings?

"About what?" Kageyama questioned intrigued.

"I've been thinking about you." Hinata looks straight up at Kageyama with a look of innocence and worry.

Kageyama paused for a minute as he thought of what to say "I've also been thinking about you." Kageyama reciprocated as he looked at Hinata doe eyes.

"Um, so you know how weren't really good friends to begin with? And we kind of are? Well, I want to stop being friends. N-not like I want us to hate each other again! It's kind of like.. I want to date you." Hinata awkwardly confessed, his hands and legs shaking.

Kageyama looked nervously into Hinata's eyes as he tried to think of a response.

"Look I'm not good with words and stuff but, all I know is you're kinda important to me. I'm not really sure what you see in me. You're always so funny and happy and bright. You always make everyone smile and you're smile's beautiful and-"Kageyama rambled on about the good traits of Hinata.

"Shut up idiot!! I'm not that great!" Hinata blushed as he yelled. Kageyama chuckled at the ginger's response.

Once they calmed down a bit Kageyama spoke up.

"Yeah, uh maybe we could start dating. But maybe after this mission, we've got a lot in our plate now, we can worry about dating afterward." Kageyama informed.

Hinata sighed as he looked at the bricks walls.
"Hey Kageyama, do you wanna play a game?" Hinata smirked as he said this.

It was always a thing for the two to play childhood games every now and then for two reasons. One, was to remind themselves of their life before adulthood and to feel nostalgic, and two, they wanted to rival against each other yet again.

"Yeah, we should play Keidoro (Japanese tag)." Kageyama suggested walking about.

"Well, I was thinking of Oni Gokko (Japanese hide and seek)." Hinata protested with his  eyebrows furrowed.

"How about we play both?" Kageyama said, earring a determined nod from the ginger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hinata hid on side of one of the buildings. He could hear Kageyama's footsteps so he decided to tease him a bit. While Kageyama was walking, he saw a shadow run past him.

"Hinata, is that you?" Kageyama asked, walking in the direction.

They had 10 minutes to find the said hider. If the 10 minutes was up, the hider would win. If the seeker caught the hider within 10 minutes, the seeker won. Kageyama somehow could always find him when they played Oni Gokko. But, Hinata always won Keidoro.

Hinata sighed as he waited long and hard. It was so quiet, too quiet. He quickly turned to the right to see Kageyama's smirking face. Quickly, Hinata ran through the nearest alley, taking many twists and turns. He ran past garbage, graffiti, and other lost items. After what seemed like forever, Kageyama finally surprised him by running into him. The ginger crashed into Kageyama's chest as he yelped loudly.

"Ah man! I lost again." Hinata pouted, taking a few steps back.

Kageyama laughed as he saw Hinata's face. After the game, the two walked back to the back entrance of town hall. They stopped to catch their breath as they still wanted to beat each other. Suddenly, the door opened as the two jumped in surprise.

"Hey, you guys are the newbies right?" The man said. Had had blond hair with glasses. He carried a black musician case with metal latches in his arms.

"Yup." Kageyama responded nonchalantly.

"Alright, here you go." The man handed the case to the two. He walked back in as the door shut behind him.

The two looked in each other in fear of dropping the case.

"Shit!" The two said in unison.

A/n: What do you think is inside the case?