Winter Festival: Iwaoi

A/n: By the way, if you were following the pattern of the chapters, the POVs and the time difference will be random for the purpose of this story. Also I'm tweaking the winter formal a little to fit Japanese culture because I know Japan does not have school events like this 😓

~~~*January 15, 6:25 pm*~~~

Back at the Oikawa mansion, two men were getting ready for the Winter Festival at town hall. The festival would celebrate new comings and the changing of seasons. Oikawa had gone to the actual festival before, but this was new for the school to provide things like a formal.

"Tonight is the night of the festival, are you excited?" Oikawa asked excitedly.

"I mean, it's my first time going to this school related formal, so I guess." Iwaizumi replied shrugging.

"Ooh I'm so excited!" Oikawa exclaimed "This is the first time our school has ever done this!"

Oikawa walked over to the seat cushion to look at two outfits. He contemplated long and hard before asking Iwaizumi about it.

"Iwa Chan, do you think I should wear the more sophisticated black suit?" Oikawa asked dramatically "Or the more laid back blue suit?"

"I think you'd be good in both." Iwaizumi replied with a shrug.

"Hmph." Oikawa pouted. He stood still for a second before sprinting towards his closet to find something.

"Don't you have like a maid to help you with this or something?" Iwaizumi asked looking annoyed.

Oikawa gasped lightly "Iwa Chan! Who do you take me for? A lazy spoiled rich kid?"

"Well I mean I-"

"We'll that's where you're wrong!" Oikawa explained "My mother used to homeschool me until junior high, and I got a much higher grade than my classmates, even when I wasn't familiar with the teaching style."

"But that's not what I was-" Oikawa interrupted him before Iwaizumi could finish.

"I also worked to pay for my first car, had a streak of getting on the honnor roll AND, managed to to skip my last year of high school." Oikawa rambled on. "Also, I received a scholarship to go to college."

"Wow, that's nice." Iwaizumi replied unenthusiasticly.

"Oh my god!" Oikawa cheered, finally turning around from digging in his closet "I found it!"

Oikawa held up a black button up shirt, a maroon vest, and black dress pants. Iwaizumi didn't know much about fashion, so he just gave the most normal answer.

"Looks good," Iwaizumi said "now can we go, we're gonna be late."

"Okay, okay! Now step out please, I'm gonna change." Oikawa said with a smile.

"Alright." Iwaizumi stepped out of the room while closing the door behind him.

He immediately remembered Mr. Oikawa's orders: Be extra cautious when going out with Tooru. Well, technically, he didn't say in the house, but Iwaizumi knelt down next to the door just to make sure. After what felt like forever, Oikawa finally opened the door.

"Finally," Iwaizumi scowled, receiving an innocent look from Oikawa "c'mon let's go."

He took a closer look to take in account that Oikawa wore a very formal attire but also wore jewelry. Earrings, rings, bracelets, and chokers were everywhere in a maroon color to match his vest. He liked that even though Oikawa looked professional on the outside, you could still see the real Oikawa who likes to have fun. A very deep analysis even if it was just an outfit.