The Meeting: Kagehina

~~*January 9, 9:56 am*~~

Hinata swiveled in his seat as Daichi talked. He always happened to be in his own world, as if he didn't care about the fact that people were doing illegal stuff. But hey, at least he passed school and became a officer. He had to put his hyperactivity to some use.

"So the mafia group, or rather known as The Silver Crows," Daichi states as he pinned more pictures and notes to the board, "they've been suspected, but not proven guilty in Ichikawa. They commit something at least once every week, and but leave behind no traces except for a spray painted art of their logo."

"The gang leader," Daichi adds "we think is a male, somewhere around his 20's. The worst thing he does is badly bruise his victims. He seems to only kill on rare occasions. We suspect him to be aggressive nonetheless, but this is just a rough profile- we can never be 100% certain."

"So.. what are we gonna do about them?" Astumu asks.

"That brings me to my next point," Daichi nods, "have any of you heard of Kenma and Kuroo?"

" Yeah. 'The most mysterious gambling couple in Tokyo.' They're said to be an unstoppable duo." Kageyama answers, remembering the information they'd gathered on them.

"Right. I'm suspecting they are in, or they have something to do with The Silver Crows." Daichi says. "So I have a job for you guys."

"Ooh! What is it- what's our next task?" Hinata asks excitedly, already on the edge of his seat whilst waiting for an answer.

"Calm down tiger," Daichi chuckles, but quickly grows serious again before continuing, "This may be risky, but I think it might work. If anyone disagrees, I understand, and I have plan B."

"What is it? Even if it's dangerous.. anything for the safety of the people, right?" Yamaguchi asks, trying to sound positive.

"I think Hinata, Kageyama, and Atsumu should go undercover to take down the Silver Crows from the inside. They'd collect concrete evidence of the crimes they've committed so we can finally have something on them." Daichi says looking around the room, ready for objections.

He gets none.

"Really? That sounds like.. so cool!" Hinata exclaims jumping in his seat. "We're gonna be double agents! I'm gonna be the better double agent than Kageyama!!"

"Idiot, you can't even reach me," Kageyama grumbles, clearly annoyed. "How can you possibly be better than me?"

"You're a meanie, Kageyama. I will be the best and I'll get my promotion first!" Hinata shouts intensively, causing the other man to flare up in anger.

"Oh yeah- you wanna try me?!" Kageyama challenges.

"Guys, guys.. calm down. No fighting in the office, there are people here." Atsumu says  looking between the two of them scoldingly.

"I agree. If you two bicker while you're undercover, you could blow the whole operation." Daichi adds, only wanting everyone to be safe. "Yamaguchi and I will keep collecting info to maybe help you guys with your investigation."

"Yes sir." Yamaguchi mutters, his words morphed because the donut he was eating.

"Alright, let's do it!" Hinata exclaims, more excited than he was afraid. Now that he thought about it, he wasn't really scared at all. "But how are we supposed to just join a mafia?"

"We've gotten a unit to spy on Kuroo and Kenma," Daichi answers, "They're our best bet since they're the only ones we currently know of who have connections within the gang. They're going to the local casino tonight."

"What should we tell them?" Kageyama asks, and Hinata nods along, wondering the same thing.

"I have a file on everything you'll need to go undercover. That includes backstories and information on how to properly communicate with them."

"Alright chief, understood. C'mon guys, we've got work to do in the meantime." Atsumu says taking papers from the file.

~~~~<<** 8:45 pm **>>~~~~

The group walked into the casino, immediately seeing Kuroo playing a game of poker against someone. Kenma was clinging on to Kuroo's left arm, not letting go, like a baby cub and its mom.

"Isn't it kinda weird we're wearing matching suits?" Atsumu says looking down at all their outfits: black pants and button up shirts. A grey vest on top, and the same jewel choker (it was a tracker and a microphone). They were definitely a little "too matchy."

"No, I think we look cool. Right Kageyama?" Hinata asks, looking over at Kageyama.

"Sure. Cool." Kageyama says in a bored tone, looking at his phone and not paying the ginger any mind.

"Anyways here's my idea," Atsumu explains " while Kuroo is busy playing, we steal Kenma away and talk to him. Our best bet if things go wrong is to only have to deal with one of them."

"Yeah, let's go!!" Hinata says excitedly.

~~<<*Kageyama's POV*>>~~

Kageyama watched as Atsumu tapped on Kenma's shoulder, asking if they could talk. Hesitantly, he let go of Kuroo's arm.

They walk over to an empty area of the casino, and Kenma turns to them with an annoyed expression. "So, what did you call me for? I was busy."

"We're looking to join an.. organization that you may be familiar with," Atsumu explains, remembering what he'd read on the file. Now was the time to say the code phrase. "We'd like to fly with you."

Kenma is quiet for a moment, and for a second, the three officers are afraid that Kenma didn't understand the code phrase, or that they'd gotten their information wrong. But he finally speaks. "Why don't we go somewhere more private?"

"Alright. We'll come." Atsumu agreed.

Each one of them was ready in case they were attacked. It was one man against three, so nothing bad could happen, right? Plus, they had their trackers on them.

Kenma took them outside and into the alleyway, and he leaned against the brick wall before talking again. "So, what makes you want to join the Silver Crows, huh?"

"Well, we've had some issues with another rival gang, an-"Atsumu tries to say, but he's suddenly interrupted.

"Could that gang possibly be The Golden Serpents?" Kenma asks seriously.

Kageyama thought this was his chance to step in, "Yeah, they stole a bunch of money from us. We want revenge."

Hinata hid behind Kageyama, suddenly scared for once. Kageyama secretly blushed when he noticed.

This dumbass thinks I can protect him. He feels safe enough to hide behind me in case we're attacked.

"I see." Kenma pauses, glancing at the figure behind the three men. "I'm sorry about this. But it's for privacy reasons."

Hinata, Kageyama, and Atsumu all were knocked in an instant. They didn't even see it coming. Kageyama, still barely hanging on to consciousness, heard a faded conversation.

"Kuroo.. I could've handled them myself."

"But where's the fun in that? I overheard your guys' conversation. They're really interested in joining the crows?" Kuroo asks, and Kenma nods.

"They're against the serpents so.. the enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?"

"Right." Kuroo agrees, "let's get these bodies to boss and let them decide whether we let them in or not."

Kageyama, with his consciousness finally going out, held onto Hinata's hand as his eyes faded to black.