08 - cookie crumble

y/n's pov

the first week with the ninja flew by despite how incredibly slow and juicy my first day was. it was such a relief to have time finally catch up with me.

as i laid in my bed, i felt proud of myself. after i had seen myself in my gi, which, had fit me perfectly, i almost burst into tears.

"wow, y/n," nya had commented in awe. "you look amazing! the gray really suits you!"

"thanks, nya," i replied, smiling, as i stared at my reflection.

it was in that moment that i thought of sensei orion. i imagined him gazing at me with pride, imagined myself hugging him and telling him, "i did it." i imagined his wrinkled eyes narrowing with delight and his soft smile beaming from ear to ear.

i thought of my parents. even though back then i had no clue that i was the daughter of the first master of void, i always had them on my mind as the years went by. i told myself that day when i was six years old that everything i would do would be for my parents. to defend their name and to preserve their honor.

they would have been just as equally as proud of me. i knew that. i envisioned my mother, stroking the hair from the side of my ear with an enchanting grin, kissing my forehead and telling me she loved me. i imagined my father, embracing me with his loving arms, the ones that always felt like a safe haven for me. he would whisper that he always knew his little warrior would get so far.

with all of these whirlwinds of imagination flowing through my mind, my tears had brimmed gingerly at the bottom of my eyes. this was the point in time where i realized i needed to stick to my initial goal. no matter what came at me, i had to hundred percent commit to myself and this objective.

i knew i was deprived of many things. i guess that's the excuse i was giving myself for being involved in so many slip ups on my first day. looking back, that was really pathetic of me.

but now, i was going to try my best to not get distracted.

i was doing a good job so far. this past week, i had avoided lloyd at all costs. he would find ways to "casually" be alone with me in order to talk to me, but i would leave the room to hang out with nya as soon as possible. for some reason, there was just so much sexual energy whenever i was around him. mostly because he made it really clear he wanted to rearrange my guts. and maybe, just maybe i was curious to how it would be like. it took everything inside me to make sure the feeling seemed unreciprocated, despite what i thought of the crazy sexy green ninja. 

then there was kai. the dude tried to act subtle and pet named me for everything. i hated it. so i just made sure to say nothing and glare at him to imply i was not "digging" whatever he was doing. i don't think he ever got the memo because he would continue the next time we ran into each other. and it sure didn't help having nya whisper into his ear to inform him that i was into him, which, of course, was not true.

finally, there was jay. i didn't have to do much work there, because it seemed like he was the one who was evading me.

well, it's not like we had done much talking since i arrived anyway; but jay was barely ever in the same place at the same time. and when we were, he never spoke to me. the minimal interaction i received was a small smile whenever i managed to catch him glancing at me quickly. but even then, those were simple and mere.

cole's words rung at the back of my head. his estimate that jay would be a mess of feelings within a week was proving to be entirely false. it discouraged me at first, but i convinced myself it was better this way.