20 - the first vision

*audiiooooo!!! i gotchu as always ;D

lloyd's pov

it must've been a little past sunset when i snapped out of my thoughts. i didn't realize i was so far away from the bounty, but there i was, at an unfamiliar distance. truth be told, i felt the need to wonder further than usual because of everything that had gone down.

yeah, y/n and i had sex—and yeah, it was still replaying over and over in my mind because it was that fucking great—but it was severely clouded by today's incredibly shitty mission and her condition. i steered away from it, the more i pondered about the whole situation.

why did the tinnitus blaster not affect jay and kai? why did it only cause harm to y/n? that was probably what perturbed me the most. i just didn't understand how the hell that was possible.

i was just itching to figure this out.

for her.

she was everything. her talent, her drive, her wit, her smile, her fucking body—just absolutely everything. and despite how much she effortlessly turned me on, i believed there was something more meaningful than that between the two of us. a bond, of sorts. so much so, i felt like i was gonna lose my fucking shit if i didn't find answers to this entire thing.

as i rode on my elemental dragon, i caught movement from my peripheral vision. with my head on swivel, i noticed a rather small guy climb into a brown cave from not too far below. once he stepped inside, it disappeared completely.

i halted my dragon at the sight i just witnessed, curiosity rumbling about inside of me. i patted the side of his jaw gently. "what do you think, buddy? should we check it out?"

the great beast grumbled softly as a response. i chuckled to myself, the smile wiping clean off my lips when my mind ventured back to the incident. there was a part of me that felt drawn to the cave, but there was also something telling me to beware. i quizzed my choices for a moment before i decided to pull on the reins. my elemental dragon cooperated and zoomed me over to the spot where the man had vanished almost instantly. when we were on ground, i hopped off eagerly. i stroked my dragon's nose to express my gratitude, ordering him to stay there in case i needed to flee.

i hovered around the pinpoint of the cave entrance i saw, trying to find a way to make it reappear. i extended my hand out, waving it around, in hopes of summoning it. sure enough, the cavern was uncloaked from whatever concealed it. the artificial two door entrance growled as it slid open. exhaling as swiftly as i inhaled, i shoved down the gut feeling as i stepped foot inside. the desire to solve everything and help y/n outweighed it, a thousand times over.

the doors closed behind me, this time silently. i began to glance around the cave for any leads. that was going to be pretty difficult to do, because i pretty much had little to nothing to work with, based on what we knew. and there wasn't much to look at, but rocks and a couple cigarette butts, scattered all over the floor. but still, it wasn't enough to discourage me. i was determined to leave this place with something, if it was anything connected to the incident.

suddenly, i heard a pair of approaching footsteps. the closer they sounded, the more i was able to identify that the echo belonged to two pairs of feet. scrambling around, i silently booked it to the closest boulder i laid my eyes on and hid behind it.

*(play the song now!)*

then, the sound stopped, right in the room. but by this time, there was only one pair that was heard, the echos vibrating around violently. silence emerged, and engulfed the cavern.

i wasn't scared of what was there. and i also wasn't afraid to be discovered. all i needed to do was remain hidden, and not make a single peep. the person would go away eventually.