02 - the fight between y/n and a ninja

"y-y/n?" the blue ninja called out within stutters, approaching her with large steps, "you're the one trying out for the team?" 

y/n stood up immediately, biting down on her lip nervously. she knew the face of her old lover was quite surprising and unexpected, but she was smart enough to figure out that wouldn't change her decision. no, not after the hard work, the long days of training, and the delicate bruises she had. there wasn't going to be anyone capable of changing her mind. not even her ex boyfriend. 

"hi, jay," y/n greeted as nonchalantly as possible, "yes, i am indeed." 

"w-wow, that's really cool!" jay sputtered awkwardly, "that's really nice, y/n. but it's not going to be easy."

"i know," she replied coolly, staring at him with a determined look. 

"well, g-good luck," he mumbled with a quirky smile tainted on his lips, "i'm going to wait over there with the rest of the t-team." 

"okay," she answered quickly, almost as she were dismissing him. 

jay grinned one last time, before spinning around on his heel to walk towards the other boys who were coming on board. y/n could hear him slap his forehead really roughly and whisper angrily "stupid! stupid!" under his breath, causing her to smile internally as she sat back down next to her sensei. 

jay had not changed one bit since they were sixteen years old; he still had the same bushy ginger-brown hair that parted both ways in the middle of his hair line, the usual crooked smile that rested on his pink lips, the bubbly laughter still went unchanged, and the same piercing, electric blue eyes that were always wide with amusement or curiosity. the only difference that the past two years made was a taller, hunkier jay walker...oh, and the discovery he was the man behind the masked blue ninja. 

anyway, y/n blinked out of the observation trance she caught herself doing on her ex. she decided to study the other boys that were sitting in a line of chairs with him. first of all, they all seemed to be around jay's age as well--between eighteen and nineteen. y/n matched the ninjas to the boy that wore their color; the red ninja was a guy with fiery, red eyes and spiky brown hair, as the black ninja was a boy with chocolate brown eyes, bushy black eyebrows and raven black locks of hair, while the white ninja was undoubtedly a nindroid, so he was shining platinum from all over. 

finally, the green ninja was a timid looking boy, with mesmerizing, emerald green eyes and sandy blonde hair. he was the one that caught her glance and smiled warmly at her when she was examining him. as a result, y/n grinned shyly and gazed elsewhere. 

 as sensei wu began to stroll his way towards the center of the ship's deck to commence the testing of sorts, a girl with black, shoulder length hair darted towards the boys and appeared to be very irritated. she must be the famous water ninja, y/n thought to herself. 

"just because i'm the girl ninja of the group doesn't mean you guys can leave your dishes for me to put away!" she yelled at the five of them. 

"sorry sis, but we were in a rush," the red ninja responded. so this girl was related to the red ninja, interesting, y/n pondered once more. 

"i assured to clean after myself, nya," chimed the white ninja shortly after. 

"i know you did, thank you zane," the water ninja, or nya now, praised the white ninja, now identified as zane. "but as for the rest of you, that better be the last time you decide to do such a thing, or else!" 

"welcome, nya," sensei wu hummed in a chill tone, "please, save these manners with the ninja for another time. for now, please sit down alongside your brother, as we need to evaluate our guest here, and hopefully our newest member of the team. y/n, please come here and stand next to me."