12 - the grand prize

*contains some very faint intimate scenarios, fyi !!
**i have an audio embedded here but i'll let you know when to play it!!

y/n's pov

i chuckled at kai's insisted "telepathy" claim.

well, i tried.

as soon as my laughter escalated, i was caught in a coughing fit. i hadn't exactly recovered completely from the bizarre stunt and race, so my lungs were really pushing it. i turned around to avoid the ninja from seeing my reddened face; it only made me cough more the more i laughed.

"soorr...rrr...yyy...." i panted once the coughing settled down. i cleared my throat, finally feeling a little better.

"great, kai, you broke her!" cole joked as he came towards me and pat my back gently. i grinned in response; cole could be such a dad and child at the same time, it was pretty funny. "but hey, good job out there, y/n."

"she still seems pretty intact to me," kai smirked at me. but his sincere, jubilant smile tugged his lips once more when cole turned to congratulate him.

"y/n!" nya crashed suddenly into my arms, her own wrapping me around her. "that was so cool!"

"congratulations, y/n," zane cheered as he tried to shake my hand, but it was caught under nya's body.

"than...ks... guys," i answered between nya's embrace and zane's handshake, gritting my teeth to demonstrate that i was trying hard to do both well.

in a still instant, my eyes instinctively flung to lloyd, who was standing behind zane. his stone cold glare was fixated on kai, his lips in a straight shape and arms crossed across his chest. his mind wondered, or so it seemed, at least. envy circled his emerald eyes before he dropped them, and approached kai.

he was jealous.

but he would be caught dead before he let anyone know that.

nya let go of me, allowing me to gasp exaggeratedly for air to mess around with her. zane released our contact as well and went to kai, while nya ruffled my hair before she left for her brother, too.

"so, what's kai's and y/n's reward, sensei?!" cole asked, seeming to be more interested than kai and i.

sensei wu turned to misako. "misako, would you like to do the honor?"

"it would be my pleasure," misako stood up from her stool. "team b, you guys will be enjoying a special dinner for two at the new italian restaurant in the city!"

"omg, you're so lucky!!!" nya screamed, as she "gently" smacked kai in the back to express her jealousy. "that place looks soooo good, but also sooo expensive."

"not to worry, we got it all covered," misako informed with a soft smile. "we decided to call up while you were all in the forest. your dinner reservation is tonight at seven, kai and y/n." 

"looks like we're going on a date, sunshine," kai called out to me, winking flirtatiously.

"in your dreams," i chuckled as i shook my head.

everyone started to talk about the events that unfolded while we were in the forest. well, it mostly consisted of the ninja telling me how stunned they were to find out i had caused the shining white light thing that cast all their elemental creations away. when i was questioned about it, i responded with a genuine answer: i actually didn't know, but i was definitely curious to find out.

the ninja moved on to discuss about the forest and how it was certainly abundant with our elements. we were all so amazed with what we could do, and at the greatest lengths, too. it might have looked like any other huge piece of natural land, but we all came to the conclusion that this great forest of guan exercise was the absolute best training we could've gotten as a team.