21 - and so it begins...

*i got you guys againnnnnn !!!
**kissyyyy kisssyyyy

y/n's pov

i was the first to the kitchen this morning, thanks to the loud whale noises my stomach was making.

but it was also because of my surprisingly sudden recovery.

strange, but i thought that the dream i had would've held me back from falling asleep again—but it didn't. but i guess i was just happy to find out that i had restored my hearing.

yawning, i hauled the fridge door open and took a peek inside. today, i felt like i could eat anything; everything in view seemed so appetizing. so that's what i did. i scarfed down a piece of cole's leftover cake, someone's slice of watermelon, a handful of grapes, four cheese cubes, and the rest of the orange juice.

satisfied, i wiped my mouth and burped loudly. a hand flew to my mouth at the gesture, partially disgusted with myself and partially disappointed of my disregard for everyone that was still asleep.

but that burp must have been a damn alarm, because everyone's doors opened simultaneously. bamboozled at the coincidence, i watched as the majority of the team walked in, all ready to go for the day. meanwhile, i was the only one dressed in my pjs, a turtleneck still under my shirt.

"uh, heyyyy, guys," i greeted awkwardly, but nobody really seemed to care about my apparel. i relaxed a bit at the observation. everyone—well, everyone but kai and lloyd—walked straight from the kitchen and into the dining room, like soldiers in formation.

speaking of lloyd and kai, where were they?

"you're up and running, y/n," cole remarked, taking a seat at the table.

"yeah!" i exclaimed with a grin, shaking the thought out of my mind. "i feel so much better."

"we could tell, that burp was an actual bomb!" jay commented, crackling with cole shortly after. his electric blue eyes sparkled with joy, and just overall, relief that i was indeed, doing well. i couldn't help but smile back at the two of them.

suddenly, heavy footsteps filled the air as i turned around to meet kai. the second he laid eyes on me, his fiery red eyes lit up, and his lips contorted into a pearly white smile. his arms extended outwards as he approached me eagerly.

now, i was left to wonder about lloyd's whereabouts, but i was shook out of the thought rather quickly.

"oh, sunshine!" kai crashed his arms around me and enveloped me into a hug. "i'm so glad to see you're okay." although he wasn't the tallest ninja, he still hovered over me. kai gingerly placed a hand on my head, while his other arm wrapped around my waist. my ear was compressed against his hard chest, and it was then i could hear his heart thump melodically. i felt compelled to wrap my arms around his own waist.

"nice to see you too, kai," i chuckled under his embrace, momentarily enchanted by the natural warmth of his body. i glanced up at him with a smile, my chin resting on him as i did so. kai studied me for a second before he started to smirk. i could tell he was about to say something, but then realization that everyone else was watching us struck me like lightning. i released him, trying my best to cool down my heated, blushing cheeks.

"so, y/n," nya began to speak, a slight smug smile resting on her lips at sight of me and her brother. "how's your hearing this morning?"

"well, believe it or not, i think my ears are healed," i replied cheerfully, following kai over to where they were all seated. i went ahead and pulled the chair that was next to zane. he flashed me a welcoming and comforting grin as a result.