prologue

"close your eyes, feel the air around you."

as y/n stood mediating on one leg, she followed her sensei's instructions with the highest respect, just one would with their mentor. 

"now, feel the earth. can you sense the hot magma at the crust? can you feel the movement of the faults? concentrate hard, y/n." 

his senile, but majestic voice projected clear into her ear canals; it was a sound she was so comfortable and familiar with, ever since she was a mere six years old. if sensei orion's voice had the power to move her at six, it sure had the ability to do so now, at eighteen years of age. 

y/n began to experience the burning sensation of the lava coursing through her veins, while the moving faults trembled beneath her palms. the earth's dirt was as if it transferred beneath her fingernails, the feeling of the earth completing in the process. 

"very good. y/n, feel the coldness and electricity within the air. can you capture it?" 

she very indeed could. this was all review for her; perfecting it more than it was necessary. but it was essential to training, and she knew very well that training was very important. y/n continued to sense the electric bolts running through her body, while the icy, cold air gently brushed her cheeks. her entire body and mind started to burn furiously with power. 

"yes, yes. now, blank y/n! blank!" 

and that's what she did precisely. she was juiced with enough elements that it allowed her to leave the visible world into the invisible one.

the void. 

y/n floated among the white emptiness that surrounded her, concealing her from the universe everyone was currently present in; everyone but her. 

she was in her own realm, a realm that claimed protection and escape. 

a blank space of nothingness. 

it was only one of the several voids she could transport herself to; one of many options she had unlocked.  however, this particular void was her favorite, ever since she was able to arrive here at seven years old. 

she decided it was time to go back to her sensei. y/n reverted back the process, which in this case, her body was freezing to the maximum cold. she closed her eyes. 

when she reopened them, she was back in the same spot that she had left. she had returned to the world that was her first home. 

not completely, though. 

although she could see all the tall, flowing trees, the vigilant blue sky, and her wise, elderly sensei, she knew everything outside of her realm couldn't see her. yes, she was invisible now. which yes, was very useful during her training. 

"okay y/n, come back completely." 

a command only needed to be repeated once, and she had fully returned. 

"how did i do sensei?" she asked, even though she knew the answer. nevertheless, it was a question that needed answering, for she had hope her sensei would add something she was dying to get permission for. 

"excellent as always, y/n," sensei replied with certainty. he was glancing into the distance, walking the wind blow out it's candles. y/n waited anxiously but patiently in case he had more things to say. 

after what seemed like an eternity, sensei orion turned his head back to face the devoted adolescent in front of him. his wrinkled face and short white hair accompanied his stern gaze as the wind commenced to pick up speed.  suddenly, his eyes grew soft along with his tense facial expression. 

"you are ready, y/n," he announced, his voice assertive and magisterial as usual, "you have my permission to join sensei wu's team of ninja." 

at the sound of that sentence, y/n figuratively leaped with joy and accomplishment.  she smiled widely and bowed respectfully at her sensei's authorization. 

"thank you, sensei orion," she replied, receiving a bow in return. 

"it is my greatest pleasure. i will call wu tonight to inform him that we will arrive to his location first thing in the morning."

"as you wish, sensei. thank you again."

"you deserved this, y/n. you have been an honorable student since you were a youngster. now, go on and get some rest. tomorrow is a big day for you." 

"yes, of course."

as she spun her heel around to walk back to her sleeping headquarters, she couldn't help but literally leap for joy, and shout for accomplishment. 

after all, y/n was a teenage girl who perfected her elemental power, and was granted permission to join the ninja, the others that also possessed elemental powers in ninjago city.