05 - welcomes

y/n's pov

"and that's pretty much everything on destiny's bounty," lloyd concluded, his voice abruptly entering my ear canals as we stopped the tour on the deck where everyone else was training. 

i blinked several times before i nodded my head and flashed a tiny grin. for the past fifteen minutes, i had been mentally beating myself up for allowing lloyd to do what he did. feeling guilty as hell that i let a boy i literally just met tempt me so damn easily. as if i hadn't been raised with a sensei that dedicated his life to teach his students all about self defense and morality. as if i hadn't worked my butt off for this longtime goal of mine just to collapse. 

i shook my head. maybe i was just touched deprived. actually, maybe deprived of everything. because no one had been there to hold or console me after one jay walker...

still, that was no excuse. i felt more angry and disappointed by the second the more i thought about it. i was so lost in my thoughts that i didn't realize lloyd had been speaking to me. 

"y/n?" he asked, waving his hand over my face to recapture my focus. 

"huh?" i answered, blinking once more.

lloyd chuckled at my clueless state. he took it as a sign of weakness, for he smirked devilishly at me. 

"you still thinking about me, sweetheart?" he tempted, his green eyes slicing through me. "i don't mind going below deck and giving you another free sample of me." 

i gulped as softly and discreetly as i possibly could. upon those words, a pool of salvia had gathered inside of my mouth. but i had to make sure my actions were unbothered by him and that it was never occurring ever again. 

"not a chance," i snickered, smiling. "that's all you are ever going to get, so get accustomed, green ninja." 

at this, lloyd giggled, clearly not believing my declaration. simultaneously, he proceeded to stare me down once more, causing me to feel defenseless. i cleared my throat and turned my head to find jay approaching us. 

"hey y/n!" he greeted bubbly. then, he looked over at lloyd. "hey lloyd!"

lloyed cut his laughter short and waved shyly at jay. he traded glances between jay and i before he was back to the guy i had first seen earlier today: timid, quiet, and mysterious-looking. except, i had a little more idea about what his game was. 

"i'm going to find sensei wu," he croaked, stepping aside. "see you guys later." 

he left almost instantly, as if he hadn't been flirting with me just seconds ago. i shrugged it off, deciding to finally address jay. 

"that's the first time i've seen him laugh in a while, you know," jay beat me to talking, and this was one of the few moments he was ever serious. "he's always so dismissive and depressed, ever since he lost his dad." 

"oh, yeah," i replied, nodding my head in agreement. "i heard about that. lord garmadon sacrificed himself, right?"

"yeah. after just barely getting him back after all the evil and darkness that once took over him. it was hard on all of us, even sensei wu. but boy, i've never seen someone get so impacted by a loss like lloyd was."

"i mean, it's understandable. losing a parent is the worst kind of pain there is on a child. trust me, i've been there. we just have to let him have his space."

jay smiled slightly, gazing upon me with those electric blue eyes. they killed me every damn time, possibly more than lloyd's. 

"i remember," jay noted, his gaze upon me becoming more and more sincere. "i remember when you told me about your parents. i admired you so much for being able to get through it."