24 - three in one

*more intimacy ????
**anotha song, look for the indication (:

y/n's pov

jay was pretty quiet for the rest of that hour; the only reason why was because he knocked the hell out. but essentially before he did, we didn't talk about what happened—even though i could tell jay was itching to. but i guess i was able to focus on my heart rhythms enough to block his presence out.

turning to him, a grin crept on my lips when i caught sight of the way he slept. his arms were crossed, as his head hung slightly to his right, and his eyelashes curled upwards so naturally. he was an actual baby, appearing so angelic and peaceful. but truth be told, he was pretty much the complete opposite of that. and the thought of it made me chuckle.

i was compelled to ruffle his hair, but that was when i actually heard footsteps approaching the control room. so, i pulled my hand away and glanced at the door.

"there you guys are!" it was kai, peeking his head in as he smiled sheepishly. "i was looking for zap trap here everywhere! and i thought you were asleep, sunshine?"

"naw," i replied, shaking my head. "i was just watching the tape's download for zane. and zap trap tagged along but was out like a light before i knew it."

"yeah, definitely sounds like jay," kai chuckled, as he stepped foot inside the room. "here, let me take him to his bed real quick. i'll come back afterwards, princess."

i nodded, as i watched as kai carefully slid his arm under the hook of jay's knees. then, his other arm snaked through his waist, gingerly hoisting him upwards. kai pulled jay towards his body, like a groom carrying his bride, and headed out of the control room. i found myself smiling at the view of kai tending jay; it was adorable, to say the least.

kai returned about five minutes later. one of his big, veiny hands rushed through his messy spikes, as he perched himself right beside me.

"so, what's up?" he asked, a flirtatious grin forming on his lips.

i cracked another smile, feeling my cheeks light up as his gaze seeped into my soul. "like i said, i'm—"

"i meant with us, princess," kai responded, quirking an eyebrow. he leaned in slowly. "we haven't made out in a fat sec. and we haven't gone out together in—"

suddenly, the sound of a complete transfer sounded. staring into his eyes before i winked, i whipped my head towards the monitors. a twisted smile conquered my lips at the indication, as i pulled the hard drive out.

"it's done!" i announced, jumping up from the rolling chair, which flew back in my excitement. "it's finally done!"

"okay, mad scientist, you might wanna settle down there because everyone's sleeping," kai laughed, shaking his head. "although, that was pretty attractive."

i ignored the burning sensation my cheeks were enveloped in at his comment. i knew he was feeding me with compliments and statements to see what i'd do. i grinned coyly, not returning the smirk he had on. "i've been waiting for like three hours for this download to finish! and now i can watch it!"

kai shifted in his seat a little, any signs of flirtation diminishing from his face when he realized my attention was centered on the transfer. he stared curiously at the hard drive in my hand, and then at me. "you're gonna watch that right now? but it's like three in the morning, princess."

"and?!" i shrugged, accommodating the drive to the right spot on the monitor. "i need to know what happened to eli. i'm not getting a wink in if i don't find out."