06 - the first of many

y/n's pov

i spent the rest of the morning training with cole and zane, getting to know both guys on a deep level. i learned that zane lost communication with pixal, but still thought about her all the time. he shared with us—well me, because cole already knew this—that he loved her, and he tried everyday to find her. but for some reason, she remained untraceable.

cole told his side of the story with the whole
love triangle with nya and jay. he confessed he was so hurt she chose him, but he supported their relationship because jay was his best friend.

"i still love nya, if i'm being completely honest," cole admitted, punching mindlessly at the wooden board  we were trying to break with our moves. "i just wonder, why him? i'm pretty funny. i'm strong. definitely stronger than jay. heck, i can sing!"

i had laughed at that last comment, definitely sensing his true emotions. i could see cole was happy for jay, but he wasn't hundred percent satisfied with the fact.

"what about you, y/n?" zane had questioned me. "do you have any romantic interests?"

i sighed, and told them the truth.

"i had a romantic interest," i answered, approaching the wooden board since it was my turn to hit. "back when i was sixteen years old."

"what was he like?" cole asked, holding the board for me.

"well for starters, he's a lot like the blue ninja," i revealed as i sent a hook kick to the board, snapping in two. i hoped the black and white ninja would be distracted with the fact that i was currently breaking boards the fastest, but it wasn't exactly the case.

"wait, wait, jay was your boyfriend?!" cole puzzled, his eyes and eyebrows moving from their usual position. "no way."

"so you and jay have romantic history, y/n?" zane commented, much more calmly than cole had been. "that's very interesting to hear."

"yes yes, please don't say anything though," i pleaded in a slight whisper. "i don't wanna cause any problems with nya."

"your secret is safe with us," zane guaranteed. i turned to cole and he flashed me a thumbs up. "you can trust us."

"yeah, for sure," cole agreed. "but honestly, i'd worry more about jay than i would nya."

"why do you say that?"

"because," cole started, glancing around to see if there was anyone nearby. "jay had told me he had a girlfriend back then. he never revealed your name, though. i just knew you existed. anyway, he told me you were the first girl he ever loved. i remember even after your break up, he cried for months. i think even after a year, he still cried himself to sleep."

"oh, really?" i was taken aback from this information, feeling my heart warm at the thought of jay mourning me, in a way.

"yeah. but you didn't hear it from me."

"why should y/n be worried, cole?" zane quizzed, scratching his head. "if anything, that means y/n's presence could falter jay's feelings, therefore, creating a possibility of nya becoming available."

cole and i traded glances with one another, our eyes wide in an interested, yet astonished way. 

"you might be onto something there, zane," cole responded, smirking. "jay and y/n can get back together and i'll have nya to sweep her off her feet. sounds like a good plan." 

i laughed, shaking my head. "there's no plan here, cole. i'm not going to jeopardize jay's relationship. i couldn't do that to him. he seems happy with nya. besides, it's not like he still has feelings for me and vice versa."