01 - reminisce and farewell

the rays of sun blazed through y/n's only small window, illuminating the room to signal the commence of the day. usually, y/n would sleep until her alarm clock rang wildly, but since she was overwhelmed with nerves and excitement, she awoke without the need of it.

it was already 6:30 am when y/n had already showered quickly, dressed appropriately, packed all of her belongings, and tiptoed downstairs to grab a pack of powdered donuts that belonged to her younger teammate. she felt like she need the sugar to rush in her system for the big day, you know, for energy.

as she was finishing tidying up her room, she took a step back to admire what was in front of her. the room she occupied for twelve years appeared eerily similar as it did those long years ago: plain white walls, an empty, prepared bed with gray sheets, and a coffee brown drawer resting vacantly. y/n reflected on the little girl she once was; how clumsy, naive, and genuinely very depressed she was when she first arrived here with sensei orion.

yes, it is a possible for a six year old to bear that heavy, painful burden because that was y/n's firsthand experience. see, when she was just four years old, her parents were murdered in their lovely home by a group of evil terrorists that would blow by cities to torture poor civilians simply for their own amusement. they disappeared after that terrible night, and no one in ninjago has seen or heard of them since.

back to y/n's story. the reason why she wasn't killed herself was because her mother made sure to send her into a beautiful place where the sun smiled with his warm rays, the wind blew calmly, and the little birds and squirrels played alongside, all under a cherry tree. this void was called cherry tree land by her mother, a safe place she created for her daughter in case she ever had to send her there. and yes, y/n's mother was once the elemental master of void.

y/n spent that horrid evening playing with the flowers and watching the birds, having no clue that her parents were being brutally killed. she fell asleep a couple hours later, the sun still shining bright because the sun never set in this void. she reappeared into reality once it was morning in the real world, and to her misfortune, she found her dead parents lying in cold blood on the floor. it was an image that haunted the corridors of y/n's mind, one that never seemed to exit. she knew that this was a sight that was a permanent scar that would follow throughout the years, and it did.

once police arrived, they took y/n and placed her in foster care. they made sure to find parents with other children as well, because they knew that y/n was traumatized by the upsetting deaths of her parents.

y/n was so emotionally distressed, she lost control of everything. and that became a deal beaker for many. up until she turned five years old, she was already in ten different homes. no one wanted her. she was just so lost, so rebellious, and so disobedient.

the solution to this was no other than to put y/n in the ninjago orphanage. but it only made matters worse. she only became more obnoxious, ill tempered, and rude that she came close to getting kicked out. she wasn't even offered to parents who scrolled by looking for a child.

this behavior was ongoing until the day of her sixth birthday, on m/d/y.

sensei orion made his appearance on her birthday, claiming he wanted to adopt y/n. at first, the orphanage officials were pretty shook that he wanted to adopt the little girl no one wanted to have or be around. but sensei orion was clear and bold with his choice, and so with all the proper paper work filled out, sensei orion brought y/n home.

y/n at this point was secretly very happy she had been chosen to be adopted. as troublesome and mean as she was, she hated staying at the orphanage. it was very peculiar but, upon the presence and appearance of sensei orion, y/n felt an attachment of sorts, one of very high respect and honor. her undisciplined behavior dissolved almost immediately, but with sensei's lectures and lessons, she learned to get back on her wheel.