Chapter 3 || Y/n's POV

Finally school was over, and I slung my backpack over my shoulder. Another week, I had managed to go on throughout the day unnoticed. Well, except for those wierd guys.. Nendou tried to offer me ramen, and Kaidou tried to offer me ninja lessons. Every day. I was fine with neither.

I figured I needed to get a job soon to afford my cravings. My parents hated coffee jelly, but I loved it. So they wouldn't buy me any. I had to provide it for myself. I was almost out of the door when I suddenly bumped into a soft chest. The smell of fruit and spring flowers entered my nostrils before I even looked up. When I did, my eyes immediatly burned.

The girl was glowing. I had to back away and squint. "Oops, I'm sorry." When I adjusted to her brightness, my jaw dropped. The goddess smiled, blinding me even more by her smile that would make a dentist weep in joy. She let out a heavenly laughter. Boys gathered behind her at the sound of her voice, immediately angry at me for disturbing her.

"Oh, that's okay!" She consoled them with a voice of an angel. In her head I heard Who does this girl think she is bumping into me, the most perfectly pretty girl?!

The angel's eyes dazzled in the florescent lighting, twinkling with perfection and etherealness. Her eyes... there was something off-putting about them. Her face was beautiful, but it dimly reminded me of something bad. I took another step back and gulped. Her eyes shone with something cold; maybe she was aware of her powerful presence, but anyone around her would only assume she was innocent and pure. I was terrified of this woman; her aura radiated power and invincibility.

"What's your name? I don't believe I've seen you around?" She tilted her head and looked at me in the eyes, asking. I felt as if I was mush. If she hadn't seen me around, I guess that was good. I'd been here a week now, anyways. That meant being invisible was working. Well, maybe not anymore, since I was being greeted by the school's most pretty girl. Dozens of students crowded to see what was going on.

"Kai- uhh, Y/n, I mean." Sweat gathered on my brow. I'd have to be careful here; there were so many surprises I might be caught slipping up and revealing my old identity. Among the sea of students begging for the girl's attention, I saw a familiar pink haired boy. Instead of gazing at the girl's beauty like everyone else, he was looking at me. At least I thought so, until I blinked and he was gone.

"That's a beautiful name," she said, "my name is Kokomi Teruhashi." Teruhashi flipped her hair and blasted me with a watermelon coconut scent. I almost fell to my knees, and the boys in the background actually did. I'm not a simp for anyone, I had to remind myself.

When I didn't respond, I heard her think: Wow, I bet she's thinking I'm the most beautiful pretty perfect girl ever. I bet I've just made her day by complimenting her.

She was gorgeous, but now that just saw her real attitude, I came back to reality. Clearly she thought she was above everyone and wasn't actually a perfect girl. I cleared my throat and pushed past her, leaving a whiff of my own boring scent: vanilla. Who does she think she is?! Screamed the fraud girl, in her mind. I rolled my eyes. She was just a brat deep down.

I'd made it to the gates. Finally I could go to town to look for a job. Suddenly two morons appeared beside me. They started up a conversation without my consent, irking me. All I wanted was to buy some coffee jelly and apply for a job, unbothered by abnormal twits.

"Hey," chirped a short guy. I turned my head to see Kaidou's eyes peering at me through his bandaged fingers, glimmering with that same mischievous spark as earlier. Clearly he couldn't take a hint when I sped up.

"Buddy!" exclaimed Nendou, speeding up to match my pace. Because he was so tall, I was looking up at him; a forest of dark hair and green creatures stared at me from his nose. I shuddered and gripped my backpack straps tighter.