Chapter 10 || Kusuo's POV

I sensed a cold, unwanted presence from the cafe. I let the two morons walk away and ducked where they couldn't see me. It was him it had to be. 

Now's my chance!  thought Toritsuka. I could see him leaning against the wall through the building. I was right. The creep had gone after Y/n. I wondered if it was the first time he harassed her.

I listened in on the convo. He kept pressing and she obviously did not want to be a part of it. I signed. "Good grief," I was going to beat his ass later. "Get the hell out of here, Toritsuka." He was hopeless.

"Leave her alone," I said, walking up to behind Y/n. She turned around, seeming shocked to see me. I was quiet so, most people had that reaction when I suddenly appeared. 

"But-" Toritsuka tried to start. I laid a hand on his shoulder and sent massive currents of electricity through his body. He winced and immediately ran off. 

"Don't mind that idiot," I said. I apologized for his perverted actions. A buzz  brushed my skin and I realized it wasn't from the electricity but from the graze of Y/n. I swear, she was different. Maybe not even in a good way- but if there was something I didn't know, I was going to find out.

I changed the subject onto her job, even though I already knew the outcome. I was slightly curious to see her in a maid uniform. In her hand, she held one, and from the look of her face, she was not thrilled to do so.

"I got the job," she said." Nobody told me we had maid uniforms, though."

I almost laughed. A grin tugged at my cheeks, but I turned away. She began to question me about it, and her cheeks turned red and her eyebrows furrowed. It was almost cute.

What wasn't cute, though, is when she started questioning me about Toritsuka. He'd apparently thought we were dating- good grief. I tried to explain best i could; I couldn't have her thinking I talked about her. How ridiculous.

Suddenly the two idiots approached the corner. I grabbed Y/n's arm and pulled her aside. Her heart paused, but I was busy listening to their thoughts. She'd protested, but now was quiet. This was bad, who knew what they would think if they caught me and Y/n walking together. Who knows how Teruhashi would react... beauty was dangerous, and her fame was even more deadly. 

My hand glanced down. I almost cringed; I had to take hold of her hand. It wasn't for comfort, good grief, don't even think that. It was to turn her invisible so the morons would pass us.

3...2...1-

Good. They'd passed, muttering on about their worries for us. Sorry Kaidou, your nonexistent powers would not do any of us any good. Finally I let her go, and a buzz sort of dropped out of me. It was almost like a piece of me fell... I shook it off.

Y/n tried to accuse me of holding on to her for moral support- I quickly shut her down. Why would I want support from someone 4 inches shorter than me? Mommy issues? I think not. By the way she scooted closer to me, heart beat slowing, I'm pretty sure I was the one comforting her. I didn't blame her, Nendou was pretty scary. His face alone could land him a horror movie job, or might even get him tested on by scientists to figure out the true cause of his hideous face.

"Whatever. I'm going home, Midget." I told the angry emo. She responded with pink hair slander. I hid the fact that I thought it was shocking that she knew my hair color was not normal. I couldn't dye it even if I wanted to, though.

I couldn't help but to roll my eyes and bid her with a farewell of, "Good grief, you're dumb." As I walked off, I could literally sense her staring, so I added that, too. 

"Feel it harder!" she shouted. My lips rose slightly. I almost smiled. Almost.

When I got home, I did more studying. I dug into her hospital files from her home country, and no, i wasn't a stalker, I was just protecting myself. Everything about her life seemed normal, except one incident from her old school. It appears she had quite the quarrel with someone named Aiura Mikoto. As I dug deeper, it seemed like the tan blonde-haired female claimed to be a psychic. Not one like me, though. She was most likely a con artist. 

However, in one gossip article I found surfacing near y/n's old high school, Mikoto claimed she knew about the powers of Y/n. Apparently this caused a scene, and Mikoto ended up paralyzed for 3 weeks, unable to speak for a month. I sad back and rested a finger on my chin.

This could be a problem. Could it be, Y/n was more powerful than I thought? The quiet, angry girl in my classroom... sure, she was odd, but could she really be powerful? Possibly the level of me? Or maybe... even...more than me? I laughed, an odd sensation. My mouth opened, and that deep shaking breath escaped. 

If she was, it could be a whole lot of fun.

But also if she was, she could possibly become my enemy.

. . . . . . . . .

A/n: Pov- Saiki Kusuo sees Reita Toritsuka talking to you. Happy reading!!! Enjoy and remember to vote and comment :))

 Happy reading!!! Enjoy and remember to vote and comment :))