Chapter 27 || Y/n's POV

He strode toward me, eyes flashing with concern. The genuineness only made me feel guiltier. My body was starting to shake, overwhelmed by the strain I'd experienced as a result of pushing my powers past their limits. It was my fault- I should have told Kusuo how I was feeling. Now it was too late. I tried to convey an apologetic warning as the electricity swarmed around me, closing in my view, expanding. His eyes caught hold of mine, and for a brief second, it looked like he understood.

I didn't see it, but felt it. My powers- they seemed to spring out of me onto him. It was almost like one electric charge jumping to the other, but much more violent. Kusuo was thrown into the air, a pink aura glowing around him. Sparks of matter popped around him. His pink hair was illuminated by the electricity.

As he flew through the air, swarmed by the deadly radiation, I was strangely overtaken with a sort of fondness. He looked... pretty. In slow motion, he looked like a beautiful painting. Eyes closed, pink light glinting off his glasses, he was mesmerizing. His facial features were emasculated despite the irony of being shown under a feminine pink.

Suddenly his dreamy visual was broken. He landed with a sickening thud. My cloudy vision faded, suddenly wide open to the perilous situation in front of me. Kusuo lay immobile, one of his limiters a few feet away from his head. A stream of blood drooled from his forehead, flowing from the trauma of the fall. Oh my God.

Had I killed Kusuo?

The god of earth. Mr. Powerful Pinky Pie. And he was dead?! Because of me? A rush of panic came over me. Something inside me awoke, jolting me back to reality. It was a protective urge, like adrenaline coursing through my body at lightning speed. I had never felt anything like this before, but where it came from I had no time to consider. I rushed to his side. His face was alike porcelain: pale and cold. Lifeless. I knelt to check his pulse.

"Kusuo," I let out a panicked breath. My eyes burned, recognizing no pulse. My eyes glanced around desperately as if to search for his soul. A light pink sphere caught my eye. I examined the object deciding it was Kusuo's limiter.

"Please," i hoped, hands trembling. "Be okay, I need you. Please, Kusuo."

My emotions sparked a glaze of electricity to zip around my fingers as I struggling to place it back onto him. I reassured him that everything would be okay. He would be okay. But was it selfish that the whole time, I was thinking I didn't want to lose him? What was wrong with me... what kind of emotions were overtaking me, making me feel this way? And then it slipped out.

Please. I need you to be okay. I love you.

"Get the hell up! Don't die on me!"

Kusuo was resurrected. His eyes shot open suddenly, his eyebrows immediately knitting into that irritable expression he always wore. His chest drew in slow breaths. I was relieved to see him in an alive state. A weight was lifted off my chest, and I found myself letting out a tense breath.

"What did you just say?"

Hearing his voice calmed my nerves. Assuming he now had a concussion, I scooped my hand gently under his head and rested him on my thighs. His purple eyes still seemed foggy, but he shifted in protest at the close proximity. I covered up my care for him by snapping a random remark.

"it's not your fault," Kusuo said suddenly.

I paused. I hadn't said I was- well, i'd thought it, but... Wait. He wouldn't have been able to hear it then. Unless... maybe I did say it out loud? or was it just his subconscious saying he blamed me?

"I... didn't say it was." There was an awkward silence as his face wore a mask of perplexion. His voice suddenly bloomed again, "I'm just... confused."