Chapter 7 || Y/n's POV

It was Monday again, and I was forced to face my anxiety and go to school. I hoped Saiki would not bring up the conversation we last had. When I walked into class, he was sitting in the seat beside me. I groaned.

"What the hell." I muttered, rolling my eyes and setting down my books. I sat down and stared at the desk, hoping my classmates would disregard my frustrated comment.

"Y/n." said Saiki, leaning in to me. "We should talk." I turned my head to see his green glasses shining with my reflection. Seeing too much of myself, I brushed my hair back into my face.

"Leave me alone. You look like the type of guy to understand wanting to be alone. Please, just let me live." I wanted nothing to do with Saiki Kusuo. He muttered, "What a pain," turning back to his seat. He remained pretty quiet for the rest of the class period, but when he got closer to me, i felt a splitting headache. It was like someone was trying to pry into my brain.

"Y/n," Saiki whispered at the end of second period. I ignored him, packing up my things. I was ready to get the hell out of here.

"Y/n," he said again, and grabbed my hand. An electric pulse zipped through me. It seemed like every time he touched me, I got zapped.

"Get the hell away from me," I saw his eyebrows rise, but he quickly hid it. I winced and took my hand back. He seemed to have experienced pain aswell. It was almost like our bodies were opposites.. when we met, our body's energies rejected each other. That was enough of a sign for me.

"Good grief," said Saiki, retracting his arm. "Did you just shock me?" 

I scoffed, but then glanced around. "Shut up," I said. "I'll talk to you at lunch." I hated interaction; I didn't want people to think I was friends with him, but I was only going to talk to him once. To tell him to leave me alone. He was getting too close to finding something about me-

Well, he already had. I'd say it was safe to say we should stay away from each other. If he had powers, it would be unsafe for the both of us. His face lit up when I told him to see me, but he quickly hid it. He wasn't that lonely was he?

Finally lunch came and Saiki approached me. Before he could say anything, Nendou butt in. "Oi, Y/n, what's that?" he was asking about my lunch. I just had some rice and hamburger. "Nothing," I murmured. His loud voice and obnoxious presence was drawing attention to me.

"Y/n," said Saiki. I turned my head to face him. He was masked with that same blank expression as before, but his eyes still burned judgment into me.

"Can you stop looking at me like that!" I demanded. His face softened and he said, "What?"

I huffed and shoved a spoon full of rice into my mouth. The mixed in marinated vegetables added a crunch and pop of flavor.

"Stop judging me. You make me have a headache."

Kaidou and Nendou were playing rock paper scissors. Saiki leaned in and whispered, "Let's go outside."

I got shivers from his closeness despite myself. He smelled something of mint and freshness. Like a wise soul in a teenager's body. Not that that was a good thing. He was just a know-it-all brat.

He got up and took my hand once we were out of the classroom. "You don't have to touch me!" I hissed, yanking free of his grasp.

He pressed his finger to his lips. "We're invisible, so those morons won't find us. Now just shut up, would you? Good grief."

Invisible? Thats what I had been my whole life, but if this random alien dude didn't stop dragging me around everywhere, his strange group of friends might get the wrong idea. If they thought we were friends, they might try to become mutuals as well. Dear lord, please do not let that happen. I heard commotion.