Chapter 4 || Kusuo's POV

A week had passed, and I still knew hardly anything about the new girl. When the bell was out, I exited the classroom. Nendou and Kaidou had different classes from me, so I could escape unnoticed. I needed some time to think. Well, at least I thought so.

There was a lot of commotion going on down the hall. My brain was bombarded by so many thoughts. She's so cute!..She's like the ugly twin of Teruhashi! ...Teruhashi just looked my way!...Is that the new girl?...Did she just bump into Teruhashi?! Of course it had to do with her.

Good Grief. I decided to see what was happening. Rounding the corner, I saw Hairo doing push-ups in the hall. His face was dripping with sweat. The guy was the definition of an overachiever.

Where the crowd was packed, I saw Y/n facing Teruhashi. Teruhashi was thinking How dare she bump into me??

Y/n looked shocked. It wasn't a surprise; everyone was stunned by Teruhashi's beauty. I wasn't, because I only saw her as the same muscly figure as everyone else. Well, I still couldn't see through Y/n..

A murmur of gasps errupted through the crowd as Y/n pushed past Teruhashi. Deciding not to look like a stalker, I quickly dissapated with the crowd. She walked out of the doors. I was curious what she would do next because I still wasn't able to read her thoughts.

She had hardly made it to the gate before Kaidou and Nendou popped in. She tried to speed up to escape them, but it clearly was no use. When they were out of the gates, I thought I'd be safe to leave, but I was wrong. Just as I exited, a wimpy voice called out, "Oi, Saiki!". Then a big hideous monster appeared in front of me. His breath was of utter foulness. He opened it up and shouted, "There's my buddy!" I was terrified to say the least.

What a pain. As soon as I knew it, I was forced to tag along with the idiots. I could clearly tell that the girl didn't want to be there either, but obviously they couldn't catch on. Kaidou punched the air and chatted on about the dark reunion. It was amusing to watch him desperately fight for Y/n's attention. She was not interested at all, by the looks.

She's really pretty ahh~ Sh-should I try to hold her hand?? My head whipped over to Kaidou, and Y/n's did the same. That was suspicious. He had only thought it.

I sensed Kaidou being very nervous. He swallowed a dry breath and took his hand out of his pocket. I thought I saw Y/n's eyes widen as he crept his hand towards hers, and she pulled away from the cluster. Maybe she just has intuition. There's no way she could be psychic, because I can tell she cannot read my thoughts. Then again, I couldn't read hers..

I introduced myself to her. She introduced herself back, but I felt anxious. I couldn't tell what was going on inside her.. who was she really? The morons kept yapping on about powers and ramen. I was hungry, but I was tired of eating ramen. That's all Nendou seemed to eat, and I always got stuck with him somehow.

"Want some ramen, Y/n? Your stomach is kind of loud," said Nendou, sticking his face into hers. I shivered. His face was ugly; that must have been terrifying. I turned to look at my favorite sweets shop. As soon as they were distracted, I would head over there. I really needed some coffee jelly to get this awful day out of my head.

"Actually, I was thinking more of..." Y/n trailed off and turned her head my way.

"Have you been there?" She asked, referring to cafe mami. I couldn't hide my surprise. She seemed like a salty savory kind of person. She presented herself dark.

"Yeah, they have my favorite dessert." I shrugged. A twitch played on the girl's lips, like she almost smiled.

"Coffee jelly?" Y/n asked. My eyes probably widened. Nobody ever appreciated coffee jelly enough. But how did she know? Was she reading my mind right now?