Chapter 35 || Y/n's POV

After I had cloned Aiura, we went to Kusuo's house to check and see if he'd stayed home. Aiura would use her powers to find him if he wasn't. Either way, she barely knew him so it was important that she get familiar with his environment. That meant his house and family.

I had to admit, I was nervous too. I hadn't met his family before, and since it was the middle of the school day I hoped they wouldn't see me as a delinquent playing hookey. I glanced at the gyaru walking by my side. Her uniform was unbuttoned to display cleavage, her hair was bleached and her skin was tanned. She was the definition of a rebel. Considering I was hanging out with her, my first impression was not looking so well.

We arrived at the Saikis' residence and rang the doorbell.

A petite woman opened the door. She was cute and wore a bright smile.

"Oh, hello ladies, can I help you?"

"Hello Saiki-san, I'm Y/fn and this is Aiura Mikoto. We're classmates of Saiki and was wondering if he was here."

"We have some, like, uh, homework and stuff for him."

I glared at Aiura. She was a terrible actress.

"Oh, sure thing. Ku-chan's not feeling well so I could take it for you."

"Oh, actually it's a project between the two of us. Is it okay if we just go explain our progress to him?"

"Oh, by all means. His room is upstairs to the left."

She welcomed us in and we walked to his room. I knocked once, twice, no answer. Aiura barged in and we observed the room. Plain, not a single decoration. I pondered why I liked this boy again.

"He looks so average. You never would have guessed he's a superhuman who's gonna save the world."

"Thanks, we get it. Anyways, it appears he's not here. What do we do?"

"Well there's more than one room in the house you know. If he's got superhearing then maybe he heard us and decided to hide."

Now she was picking up on his personality.

"That's possible, but if he teleported then we don't have a chance."

"Or, we could start at the nearest location, the bathroom. If he's sick there's a good reason to visit there often. Why don't you use your x ray vision. "

I scowled at Aiura." No, gross. I don't have a piss kink unlike you."

" Unlike me? Why would you think I have a piss kink?"

"Your hair color," I pointed out.

"That was rude," she said, crossing her arms. " If you can't see if he's in there, I'll just barge in."

"Fine," I conceeded, not wanting an even more awkward encounter than my mid canceled love confession. At least he wouldn't know I was spying on him. I crossed my fingers, praying for both our sakes that he wasn't naked.

Using the x-ray vision Kusuo taught me, I peeked behind the bathroom door. Nobody. I sighed in relief.

"Nobody's in there," I said.

"Let's go back to my place, then." Aiura tapped her long nail to her temple. "It's time we being out the big guns."

As we made our way downstairs, a heavenly aroma hit my nose. Like fresh coffee and sweets. We perked into the kitchen to find Mrs. Saiki baking.

"Oh, you done already, girls? I've just been baking some sweets to heal my precious Ku-chan, but I've made extras so feel free to help yourself! I'll just be taking these to Ku."