Chapter 14 || Kusuo's POV

Damn it. I revealed my powers to Y/n. Curse that cake. It wasn't my fault- I couldn't let her get stamped in the face by strawberry whipped cream.

"...a psychic." Y/n whispered, looking up in shock. Her eyes gazed into mine, but she didn't seem scared. I sighed. My intuition told me she had psychic abilities, so I wasn't that worried. Offering my hand, I helped her up. 

"Get the cake," I said. She picked it up without a word.

"Saiki-"

"Just quit with the formality. Now you know my secret. Just call me by my first name. "

"Kusuo..." she started, unsure, as I opened the door for her. I shuffled the boxes of treats I held under my arm and nodded to the door, silent. What was I supposed to say? This was awkward, but at least she was the only one who had seen.

"Don't act like you're surprised," I said once we were walking down the street. I caught a purple spiky head at the corner of my eye and whipped around to face him.

"Toritsuka," I bit. He shakily turned his head towards me. Y/n turned around to gaze at the scene.

"Y-yes, Saiki?" he said, his voice trembling. 

"You moron," I snapped, "you know what you just caused."

"No... don't tell me she knows.."

"Guess who's fault it is?" I tossed the sweets over my shoulder and let them float down, knowing there was nobody around but these two idiots. I heard Y/n gasp softly.

"I'm sorry!" Toritsuka screamed and ran off, attempting to escape my wrath.

"Good grief," I muttered turning back to Y/n. "I guess we'd better get walking. I doubt Aren's coming."

"Um... Saiki-" she started, pointing to the sweets.

"That's right," I sighed. "Now you know about my powers." I picked up the sweets with ease and walked around her. She followed, and I could hear her heart pounding.

"That's... that's impossible."

I didn't care too much if she believed me or not. It would cause problems for me, after all. Still, I hoped it wouldn't ruin the progress we had made. It's not like I considered her as a friend or anything but if she was freaked out, I'd be a little offended. If she didn't also have powers, I was pretty much screwed.

"Kusuo-kun," she blurted, suddenly grabbing my forearm and stopping. "What else can you do?" 

I turned to face her and saw excitement in her eyes. They glinted with surprise and curiosity.

"Come on Kusuo, I wanna know!" She continued tugging at my sleeve.

"I'm not your toy," I replied dryly. I reclaimed my arm and kept walking. "Besides, you still haven't told me your secrets."

"How do I know that wasn't just luck? I don't even know if what I saw was right because it happened so quickly. I could be delusional for all I know."

"You are delusional regardless, but what you saw was actually what you saw."

She sped up her pace to match with me and give me a shove. I didn't budge with her pathetic push. "Oh come on, Kusuo! Just one little sneak peak?"

 I know I had told her to call me Kusuo, but now the repetition was annoying.

"Kusuo-kun, Kusuo-kun, Kusuo-kun, Kusuo-kun!" The parasite continued to pull at my sleeves.

"Good grief. Fine," I caved. it wasn't for her benefit, I was just going to check on Aren since he was supposed to help us transport the sweets. "I have clairvoyance, as you already know."