Chapter 15 || Y/n's POV

We were still close to town, so we decided to walk. Teruhashi said she knew some good places to shop.

"What kind of dress are you looking for?" she asked me.

"I'm not sure," I answered, gazing around at the many stores available.

"That's okay! I'm sure I have just the right place. They have clothes that would fit you perfectly!" She beamed and folded her hands together.

What she was really thinking was, Well, if you don't have anything in mind, this will be the perfect opportunity to sabotage you! After all, nobody could resist my advice!

She led me to a store. When we walked in, I was actually surprised. The dresses were cute and not too over-the-top.

"I have the perfect idea of what could fit you!!"

I turned around, dropping my hand from grazing the line of dresses on a rack. "Hm?"

"Over here!" she chirped, waving for me to come. She stood in front of a gorgeous f/c cocktail dress. My eyes widened in surprise. If she was trying to sabotage me, why offer me this pretty dress? It came to about the knee, decorated with cute ruffles. The sleeves were long, but it still gave spring/summer vibes. Tights and some Mary Janes would go perfectly with it.

"Wow-" I started, reaching out for the dress. Before I could, Teruhashi pulled the dress away to reveal another behind it. This new dress was hideous. It was the color of barf, and random rhinestones were placed about like sprinkles.

"See?" she exclaimed, pulling it off the rack, displaying it. "It's gorgeous, isn't it?" Her smile only made the dress uglier in contrast.

I swallowed and shut my mouth. "Err- it's-"

"Well," she cut in, "maybe it wouldn't suit your body type. It actually might be a little too small, anyways."

I decided to ignore her sugarcoated insult and tried again, "Yeah- that dress in front of it. It's really cute."

She looked back at the cute dollish dress. "Hm? Oh yeah!" She replaced the barf dress with the cute one, observing it. "Wow. It is really cute. You have great eyes, Y/n!"

I smiled back at her, nodding. If I could just get the damn dress-

"How nice of you to recommend this to me!" she exclaimed. My jaw dropped wide open.

"Uh- Teruhashi, I was actually hoping I-"

"Of course I'll try it on. You'll be the first one to see first hand! What do you think, will it make the boys say 'oh'?" She held it to her chest as if she were calculating how it would fit. Of course no matter what she would wear would earn her an 'oh'. I couldn't say the same, especially if I ended up with that barf colored dress.

"Don't worry, we'll find you one too!" Teruhashi observed my face. I tried to stay calm, but this girl really worked my nerves. Controlling my facial expressions wasn't very easy. Kusuo could only do it because he was an alien or something.

"Okay. I'm going to try this on, now. Wait over there and give me your feedback!"

I sighed, taking a seat on a plush leather ottoman while the perfect girl rushed inside a dressing room. Everyone already knew she would outshine me anyways, and I didn't need any extra attention. I guess it was best if I let her show off.

Teruhashi emerged from the curtains. A bright light blinded me, and I shielded myself from it.

"What do you think?" said an angellic voice. Godly music played in the background, glorifying the angel's beauty.