Chapter 17 || Y/n's POV

"Where are you going?" called a voice.

Kusuo and I looked over our shoulder to see a big pain in the ass. Nendou was tailing us.

"None of your concern," Kusuo muttered.

"You're not staying for the party? Why not~" Nendou whined.

"We're just going for a walk."

"Leaving so soon?" asked Hairo, suddenly alongside Nendou.

"We'll be back," Kusuo huffed, grabbing my hand. I nearly fell over when he started running.

"That's weird; where did they go?" I heard them ask after we were a few yards away. They still should have been able to see us, but I figured Kusuo used invisibility. He stopped abruptly and I nearly fell forwards.

"I didn't know you were a track star," I grumbled as I yanked my hand back to steady myself. I was almost out of breath meanwhile Kusuo was chilling.

"You're that out of shape? That's sad," he remarked.

"I said some of us don't have powers like you." I lied.

"Excuses excuses." 

Before I could say anything more, I noticed we were somehow already at Cafe Mami's.

"So we did run far," I huffed. "No wonder I'm out of breath."

"No, idiot, we didn't run far. I just teleported us here."

My jaw dropped open. Talk about embarrassing... We walked in and took a seat.

"On a date?" a maid asked us. She gave me a wink. Anna was her name; she was one of my co workers who taught me the custom greeting. She also tried to teach me how to wash dishes, but I was the one who taught her instead.

"No." Kusuo and I were in unison.

"Sure~" she said, drawing her words out like she was in disbelief. 

"The usual?" she asked Kusuo. He nodded and I ordered the same. 

"Are you sure you don't want to share? These cups are pretty rich."

I glared at her and she took the hint to walk away.

"Why'd you really want to come here?" Kusuo asked me once the coast was clear.

I had something I wanted to ask him, but I wasn't sure how it would go over. If he really had psychic super powers, this shouldn't be so hard. Still, I was having a hard time with the debate of actually asking it. "Well... why not?"

"Don't lie that you're only here for the coffee jelly. You can't lie to a psychic, you know."

"Well... I wanted you to..." I trailed off, unsure.

"Well, you want...?" He pushed, motioning for me to hurry up. Waters were delivered and he picked a glass up and drew a sip from it.

"Teach me!" I blurted.

Water gushed out of Kusuo's mouth as he hacked and coughed, taken aback.

"What?" he snapped, wiping his mouth with the napkins I ripped from a holder. "I thought you didn't have powers."

I sighed. I'd been debating telling him all night... but now I knew. Kusuo Saiki had super powers. Well, not quite super. If he couldn't predict the future that was kind of lame. Bending a spoon wouldn't save us from the troubles of the world, but you get what I'm saying. If he had been living with his powers since his birth, he should know how to control them. He was good enough to know something was up with me right off the bat. He must have learned to control his powers and use them responsibly.