Chapter 26 || Kusuo's POV

(brace yourselves, also long chapter)

The next day, Y/n was more reclusive than usual. I'd began to think she was starting to open up more, but even Nendou had noticed her distance today. She didn't even slow to accompany Kaidou and him on their walk into school.

"Hey, Pal! Wait up!" Nendou had tried to catch up to her.

"Don't follow," warned Kaidou, eyes peering through his taped hands. "Y/n appears to be in a dangerous mood. It could be the bewitching of the Dark Reunion- a week once a month, females become overtaken with a dark spell only able to be broken by a true loves kiss. Therefore, I shall pursue her."

He tripped and lost sight of her in the crowd. "Those powers must be really strong!" mocked Nendou, laughing at the klutz.

I tried to catch her changing her shoes to no avail. The lack of her presence made me feel anxious. Carrying powers meant great risk, so I hoped she wasn't in danger.

At lunch, I finally found her. She was sitting under the tree in the courtyard that I'd first discovered her powers at. I glanced down at her bento and observed a few slices of beef. I was amused, remembering how her stomach had growled when she saw mine the day I'd first confronted her.

"You've been invisible all day."

Y/n ignored me as I sat next to her. I opened my box which consisted of oniguri and slices of fruit.

"We should practice again today," I suggested, slipping a piece of watermelon into my mouth.

"Just leave me alone. "

I was taken aback by her sudden hostility. Her heart beat seemed to race, her skin heat up. She was anxious, I noted. Her e/c eyes darted around in paranoia. As I was tracking her moves, she suddenly got up and headed to the trashcan, discarding her few beef strips left.

"I told you to leave, Saiki. I can't be seen with you. "

"Why?" I inquired, looking around for a threat.

"I can't, okay? And enough about the silly power nonsense. I'm done."

"There's really no point in lying to a psychic."

She turned around as if she were going to say something, but suddenly stopped. Something seemed to catch her eye, so I tried around to see what. I focused in on the doors and was able to discern footsteps and thoughts belonging to Teruhashi. I heard a mutter of curses and turned around to be met with the stinging wind left over by Y/n.

"Saiki!" I heard a voice exclaim. I turned around, muttering curses too. I could see why she'd want to avoid Teruhashi, but Y/n's disappearance was too sudden and conflicted. Why was it such a big deal to be seen with me? Did Teruhashi have something to do with it?

"Who was that you were just talking to?"

"Nobody," i answered suspiciously.

"Oh! Well, I was just wanting to know if you'd like to have lunch with me." Teruhashi beamed, tilting her head. Her soft blue locks fell off her shoulders. The ultimate cute girl charm could draw in others, but not me.

I was busy focusing on her inner thoughts to gain more insight on the strange behavior of Y/n.

I'm glad he's finally alone without her, now he can't say no to my offer!

I shrugged and pulled out my pockets, showing they were empty as an answer to her question. Who did she mean by her?

"What? You don't have lunch?" Teruhashi tilted her head.