Chapter 20 || Kusuo's POV

I was beginning to think I had a grasp on Y/n's powers. Okay... maybe not. It made no sense, good grief. Things weren't usually this complicated for me. It was strange and not completely in a good way. But, not in a bad way either...

The party last night was a pain. I woke up with a splitting headache and and her on my mind. We had dance together at the party and I felt a strange feeling. It was almost like electricity but not of her powers. It almost felt like it came from within me.

"Saikii!"  called Kaidou. I was walking into the school, eyes unconsciously searching for Y/n. What a pain. It's not like I wanted to see her... its just I'd rather be away from the morons tailing me.

"The party last night was great, wasn't it, Pal?" Nendou belched as he stepped in line with my pace. I resisted the urge to whack Him into orbit. Kaidou nodded, agreeing with him. He skipped up to match my pace, stumbling as his shoe laces caught under his own feet. 

"Ahem- How was dancing with Y/n?"

I shrugged. The girl couldn't dance, and I wasn't interested anyways. I almost felt sorry for him since he was thinking jealous thoughts and I wasn't bothered enough to 'savor the moment'.

It should have been me. I would have held her in my arms, guided her with passion... Then, when she cradled her face in my neck, I would have cast my protection spell to save her from the Dark Reunion. It pains me that Saiki cannot see the dangers lurking in her shadows... if only there were someone stronger- a man- ME to protect her...

Well, I had to hand it to him. That was a pretty impressive monologue, and she did actually seem to have a dangerous aura about her. I couldn't exactly see auras, but reading minds was enough. And because I couldn't see hers, that was what made her dangerous. The same went for the moron, Nendou. I glanced over to him and was not surprised to see his finger shoved up his nostril.

"Yeah, Saiki," he taunted, "how was it?"

"Terrible," said a voice coming from behind. I turned around to see Y/n mumbling as she shuffled with a backpack just about as big as she was. There was something strange about her today, if you could say that about an already-weird freak. 

"Yeah, you definitely need some dance lessons," I remarked.

"Yeah, well you weren't so great yourself," she grumbled back. I thought I caught a glimpse of pink in her eye. Though it might have just been her death glare. She must have been in a pretty bad mood.

"I could teach you," said Nendou. He reached a beefy arm out and caught a poor victim- Kaidou. 

"Get off of me!" he screamed in protest. 

"Eh?" Nendou gave a look. He pulled him closer and rested his arm over Kaidou's shoulder, pulling his arm tighter and simultaneously choking him. "I taught you how to dance; I'm sure I'll be able to teach Saiki and his girlfriend-"

Good grief. I had two problems with this. One, if he taught Kaidou how to dance- whom I saw stumbling and tripping all over himself at the party- I definitely did not need his advice. Two, Y/n was not my girlfriend. I made sure to clarify this.

Nendou and Kaidou looked at each other and laughed. 

"He's serious," muttered Y/n. She gripped her back pack straps and pushed past us with an extra amount of hostility.  

"Sheesh, what is her problem?" scoffed Takahashi. Toritsuka followed behind him; he added, "I know, right? Girls are always playing hard to get these days." They drifted past me, and before I could go reprimand or see what exactly they were talking about, I was interrupted by a blue haired klutz.