Chapter 29 || Mikoto's POV

I stood in the presence of my previous best friend. Memories flooded my mind. I felt anguish and regret. I could only assume she remembered the worse. My heart fluttered, seeing a new opportunity to clear the misconceptions and start new.

"Y/n-"

"Stop."

"Wait! I-"

"I don't want to hear it. Stay away from me or this time I'll break more than a couple bones."

My breath was caught in my throat as she brushed past me with a vanilla breeze. I knew it was selfish, but I had to let her know what actually happened. I wanted to clear my name, to assure her I wasn't what she thought. Losing Y/n was one of the most painful experiences I'd had, even after getting hit my a truck and ending up in a full body cast. I'd had that experience twice, but now that she was within my reach, I wasn't going to lose her for a second time.

I had transferred here to deliver a message. If she didn't trust me, she wouldn't take my word. Something bad was going to happen, and I needed to assist her in the solution. Pieces of the future were gradually surfacing in my premonitions. As the puzzles fit together, time ran out.

"I can't let you go, Y/n. Please, just hear me out."

Y/n halted as I grabbed her wrist. She sent me a glare, turning around to face me.

"Why should I? I don't even know you. And you don't know me. Forget about our encounters; it's what's best for everyone. Or are you insistent on ruining my life further?"

"You've got it all wrong! Look, I know... how it seems. But I swear on my Uncles dead fish I would never even think about spreading something as confidential as..." My voice trailed off as a bright figure emerged from behind Y/n.

"Who... is that?"

"Oh, miss perfect? Teruhashi. She's way more interesting than me, so feel free to have a go at her."

"Is that chick the other one with psychic powers?" I whispered, the bright aura fading slowly.

"What?" Y/n demanded suddenly, possibly with hostile. "What do you mean, 'other one'?"

She shrugged off my hand and I straightened to meet her eyes, now turned to me with focused curiosity and suspicion.

"That's why I came here. I have some news about the psychic in this school. You and their fate tie together... with the task of saving the world."

"....The world? What kind of bullshit are you talking about?"

"Y/n!" called a cheerful, feminine voice. A shining embodiment of perfection bloomed into view.

"Teruhashi..!" mumbled Y/n, turning around with a pained smile. I noted her uncomfortable body language and shift in aura. Upon further inspection of the girl, I noticed the angel-like winged aura. My eyes widened in shock as I recalled my early school memories of first encountering a magnificent aura.

"Have you seen Saiki today?" Teruhashi asked, tilting her head and resting a finger on her bottom lip.

"Um.. no, we haven't been in contact."

"Really? Because Chiyo told me you've been calling him Kusuo-kun lately. So, you know, I just thought you were growing closer!"

Her cheeks heated at the mention of his given name. I was behind her, waiting for the chance to mend our friendship, eager to tease and interrogate Y/n about this encounter of insinuation of a crush. Still, the situation seemed tense. I picked up on the vibes that there was something of a love triangle going on. Still, I'm not sure what kind of guy would pick anybody other than Teruhashi.