Chapter 22 || Kusuo's POV

"That's it?" Y/n asked, unamused. I twirled my desk seat around to find her resting her head in her hands. Her body made an indention on my blue comforter as she sat, sulking. I had to take offense to her insulting tone.

"Well, do you have any better ideas?" I'd vouched for the classic water-over-door prank. It was simple and didn't take much time. I only suggested a prank for her favor. I was planning on giving him a special voltage course of electricity, anyways. Good grief; girls were so high- maintanence.

"Well not that! That's literally the most half assed idea you could come up with."

"Wait... what if we laced it with electricity."

"Huh? Water, you mean?"

"Yeah."

"How would we lace water with electricity... and how do you know I can even control my powers enough to not zap you in the process?"

I rolled my eyes. "You know, not everything is about you, Y/n. Believe it or not, I have electrification: the power to control electricity."

Y/n mimicked me, rolling her eyes but throwing her head back dramatically. She groaned. "Oh, yeah, that's right. I forgot, the Great Kusuo Saiki. The man with the power of the gods, and-" she gasped, "-the ability to bend spoons!" She displayed her fingers and fluttered them sarcastically.

"Good grief," I muttered, "are you done with that little show?"

"Whatever. Just tell me more of this so called electrification plan."

"I can use my powers to extract a current of electricity from somewhere... and put it in the water. That's all there is to it. It's not rocket science."

She huffed. "But what about me? I want to be relevant; I want to do something too!"

"For starters, we don't even know if the power you have is to control electricity. So you lacing the water is definitely not going to happen-"

"Why~"

"Because unlike you, I can control my powers. You're just some radioactive little rookie who hides in the shadows and hopes not to be seen." I knew she couldn't deny it, but of course she wouldn't give up the fight.

"Well I haven't exploded yet, have I? It's been a month or so, and the only person who knows about my powers is you! And plus, you told me about yours first!"

"Yeah, well how did I figure out your powers? Oh, that's right- you were shaking like a wet dog while sparking with unnatural molecules."

"Well- you- you flipped a cake."

I pinched the bridge of my nose. "The bottom line is, until we can test out your powers, it's not a good idea to use them for something as mere as a prank. It's best to sit back and let the professionals handle this."

"But you never even told me how to control them! How do you control yours?"

I sighed. "These limiters." I tapped the control devices perched on each side of my head. "Without these, my powers would be too strong to control."

Y/n's jaw dropped. "You're telling me, this whole time, you've been cheating?!"

"These aren't cheating- if I were to unleash my full potential, the slightest sight of a bug could send the world into a nuclear apocalypse or even explode Earth itself!" that might have been a tiny exaggeration, but I didn't want to take the risk either way. She needed to know how perilous and urgent these controllers really were.

"Fine," she conceded, "Let's just get on with it."

I nodded. "Alright, I'm going to use my power of clairvoyance to locate Toritsuka. They should be starting to switch classes right now, so stay quiet. Also, if you make any more comments about how my face looks during this task, I will expose your latest Levi Ackermann x reader fanfic."