Chapter 19 || Y/n's POV

"Ha!" I retorted, dusting my hands off as Kusuo held the door for me.

"Good grief," he muttered, walking out behind me.

"That's 1 to 0."

"You better pay me back. That should have been used to buy more coffee jelly for me."

"Oh, quit being so selfish. Sharing is caring."

"Easy to say when you're the one benefiting from it," Saiki grumbled.

I laughed, continuing to tease him about my win. He continued calling me a moron and repeating his smart-ass phrase.

"Hey! There they are!" said a voice.

A blue haired creature tumbled out of the bushes in front of us. He rolled, then shot up abruptly, his face hidden with a cloak. Though it was dark, I could make out red ribbons weaved round his hand.

"Oh- Kaidou," I murmered, backing up in shock.

I heard an 'oof' and realized I'd backed up into Kusuo.

"Can you watch where you're going, idiot?" he snapped, grabbing my shoulders. A shock rippled throughout my body... especially concentrated down there.

"WHOA!" I hissed, leaping back forward. This time I bumped into Kaidou, who unexpectedly was thrown to the ground by the force of my body. Well- more like his lack of strength.

"Ow," he whispered. MY ARM, IT HURTS! I NEED BANDAGES! MY KNEE IS SCRAPED TOO!

"Oh no! I'm so sorry, Kaidou," I said, waving my hands around to emphasize my sincerity. If I made him cry I would face the wrath of both Aren and Chiyo.

"N-no, don't worry about it," he sniffed, rejecting my hand up. Kusuo stood beside me, gazing down at his pathetic state.

"You're an idiot," he told the poor boy.

Kaidou shook it off and cleared his throat. "Ahem- I was looking for you two. Teruhashi said you guys have been missing all night. Where were you guys?"

"We just went on a walk," Kusuo explained.

"Ooh, like a date?" asked Nendou, suddenly dropping from a tree.

"How long have you been there?" asked Kusuo. I was just as perplexed.

"Huh?"

"Look, it wasn't a date. We just wanted to get away from the commotion," I said. If Kusuo had mentioned we went to get coffee jelly, it for sure would have been ruled out as a date.

"Ohh," said Nendou as if he understood.

"Well, we saved you some cake if you'd still like it," said Kaidou. He was holding his arm gingerly, and I couldn't help but feel guilty.

We looked at each other. Though we'd both just had dessert, one more couldn't hurt. "Yeah, sure."

We entered the house and sat on the couch. Most people were outside by the pool, and the girls were picking trash and stuff up.

"You ladies don't have to work too hard," said Takahashi, poking his head in from the outside slide door, "Why don't you come outside and play?"

"Play what..." asked Chiyo carefully. Toritsuka popped I behind Takahashi and winked.

"We're good!" Teruhashi cut him off. She kept sneaking glances at me and Kusuo.

I cant let Y/n and Saiki be alone.

Good lord. What did she think we were gonna do? I was just trying to enjoy my strawberry cake.

"Kokomi, the party isn't near over," whined Imu, a new freshman transfer. "Why can't we just go have fun?"