7

MASK ON
—7. Promises

That evening, Alex was supposed to go hang with Max, Ginny, and the rest of her friends at Brodie' house

That evening, Alex was supposed to go hang with Max, Ginny, and the rest of her friends at Brodie' house. She could hear Max and Ginny downstairs, waiting for her to be all set to leave. Max had lied to her mother, telling her the reason she was going out on a school night had to do with AP English.

She could hear them calling out to her, asking if she was ready. She immediately told them she was coming and looked down at the box that held the plan b pill. She casually ripped it open, tossing the box on the floor.

She opened the package, popping the pill onto her hand. She stared down at it for a long moment, letting out a large sigh. "I really need to start taking my birth control pills correctly," She muttered under her breath, just before placing it in her hand.

She swallowed it without water, grabbing her bag before heading out the door.

____

  When they arrived at Brodie's house, they went down to Brodie's basement. "Ok, we have two hours. I told our moms we were at the movies," She informed them and Alex couldn't help but chuckle.

"Wearing that?" Ginny asked, gesturing toward Max's outfit, "My mom knows we're not at the movies."

"Hey!" The group greeted them and Abby ran over to Max, tightly hugging her friend.

While Ginny and Max walked over to the part of the couch the girls sat at, Alex walked over to the end where Kadin and Press sat.

She sat between Press and Kaden, who immediately wrapped his arm around her. "Pass the bong, would you?" She told Press, who immediately handed the girl the bong.

She flicked on the lighter, wasting no time placing her lips on the mouthpiece. She took a large inhale, removing the bowl before blowing out the smoke.

She laughed, placing the bowl back with the bong before handing it to Max. She took a hit before holding it out to Ginny, who Alex knew didn't smoke.

"Uh...I never smoked before," Ginny admitted as she grabbed hold of the bong.

"Really, huh?" Press spoke up, sounding bored as he was in the middle of playing a video games, "You sound interesting."

Kaden and Alex chuckled at his words, causing Ginny to sigh in defeat as she felt embarrassed.

"Okay, you can ignore Pres because he's a literal sociopath, and only smoke if you want to," Max assured Ginny, causing Alex to roll her eyes.