19

MASK ON
— 19. Halloween

About two weeks had passed since Alex's abortion and since then, she was just starting to feel a bit better

About two weeks had passed since Alex's abortion and since then, she was just starting to feel a bit better. Halloween was coming up and what was once one of Alex's favorite holidays now made her want to throw up.

It was morning time and Alex sat at the kitchen table with her mother, Ginny, and Austin, having breakfast. "Nervous about your date tonight?" Ginny suddenly spoke up, turning to smile at their mother.

"No," Georgia replied, letting out a large scoff.

"Convincing," Ginny remarked and Alex smiled slightly in amusement.

"Projecting?" Georgia retorted as she turned to give Ginny a knowing look, "You're the one who's nervous to meet your boyfriend's parents tonight."

"I'm not nervous," Ginny argued, leading to Alex and Austin sharing a knowing look.

"You are," Alex replied, earning an annoyed look from Ginny.

"It'd be normal if you were," Georgia assured Ginny, who was quick to argue.

"Well, I'm not," Ginny complained and Alex rolled her eyes since she knew it was a lie.

Georgia turned, exchanging a knowing smile with Alex. "I remember meeting Zion's parents. I was shitting myself."

"Gram and Pop aren't even scary," Ginny commented, a puzzled look on her face.

"I was fifteen and pregnant," Georgia reminded her daughter, earning an amused smile from Ginny and Alex.

Just then, Ginny's phone dinged and she was quick to open the text she had just received from Max. "Maxine sent me a link," She announced and Alex turned to her curiously.

Just then, Ginny's eyes widened while Alex groaned loudly and grabbed her head when the sound of Hunter's song to Ginny filled her ears.

It was all she was hearing the two weeks and people were still talking about it.

"Ugh! Not the song again!" Alex complained loudly, feeling sick at the sound of it. She cringed every time she heard it.

Since she still hadn't heard the song herself yet, Georgia stood up and walked closer to Ginny to watch it as well. "Oh, wowie, wow, wow! So, you're internet famous now? I'm living with Logan Paul."

"Ew, what?" Alex cringed as she turned to give her mother a weird look.

"He's the only one I know," Georgia admitted and Alex smiled in amusement.