27

MASK ON
— 27. Drunken Mistakes

At Ginny's house, Marcus was sitting in the living room with Caleb, Austin, Ginny, and Max, playing lava

At Ginny's house, Marcus was sitting in the living room with Caleb, Austin, Ginny, and Max, playing lava. A part of Max began to wonder where Alex was and whether or not she was okay.

From what Ginny had told them since arriving at her house, it seemed like nothing good was bound to come out Alex getting drunk with her mother and Maddie, whose traits together seemed to make Alex.

As if his mind was read, the front door opened and they watched Georgia walk in first, smiling widely. She had her arms wrapped around Alex, who was giggling happily as she stumbled numerous times.

Joe was not too far behind them helping Maddie, who was just as drunk as Alex.

"Hi, Mom!" Austin greeted his mother happily while Max, Ginny, and most of all, Marcus seemed to be watching Alex in concern, "We were playing lava."

"Oh, wow! How great!" Georgia told her son happily.

"Lava? Oh, my God! I wanna play!" Alex exclaimed excitedly as she staggered the couch where Marcus was sitting with Austin and Caleb.

"Okay. Hey, I brought them home 'cause they got a little sauced," Joe informed them before looking toward Alex, "One more than the others."

Alex laughing happily, moving toward Marcus without caring about how the others would feel about it. "Marcus! What are you doing here?" She asked him and just as she reached him, she tripped.

She was on the verge of falling to the ground when Marcus caught her. He laughed, carefully placing her down on the empty spot on the couch beside him.

Just then, Maddie gasped dramatically, lunging for the book she saw on the ground. "Harry Potter!" She exclaimed excitedly as she dropped to the ground. She grabbed hold of it, smiling as she turned to her son and nephew, "I remember this one. Voldemort tries to kill him, like, a bunch of times."

As Max and everyone else seemed to be paying attention to Maddie, Ginny's eyes were on Marcus and Alex. Alex was practically sitting in Marcus' lap, clinging onto him.

Marcus didn't seem to care, smiling down at her as she whispered something so quietly that only he could hear. Even then, it seemed like she made no sense since Marcus began to laugh while also looking confused.

"My head hurts," Alex suddenly groaned as she sprawled out on the couch, despite three other people being on it. It led to Austin and Caleb quickly jumping out of the way to avoid being kicked while Alex's head found herself in Marcus' lap. That would have been fine if that hadn't been for her lying on her stomach. It meant her face was practically buried in his groin area.