18

MASK ON
— 18. Penguin

  Instead of waiting for her mother to arrive at school, Alex had fled the school, not wanting to face her mother

Instead of waiting for her mother to arrive at school, Alex had fled the school, not wanting to face her mother. Not yet.

It was nighttime now and Alex sat on the couch in Kaden's living room. He sat beside her, his arm wrapped around her as they watched the movie he had picked out for them.

Her eyes were glued to the tv, unlike Kaden's.

Letting out a sigh, she looked around curiously. "Where are your parents?" She asked him as she turned to look at him. She had never been to his house before, despite how long they had been dating. He always said they couldn't, which was why when he invited her to his house, she had been a bit surprised.

"Cuba," He admitted, causing her to stare at him in disbelief, "It's whatever. They always do this shit. Go off to luxurious places and leave me here to fend for myself."

"It sounds lonely," She told him in a soft tone, beginning to give him a sympathetic look. She always wondered how his parents were so willing to let him stay out so late or not wonder where he was when he sneaking into her room in the middle of the night.

It was because they were never around to notice.

He moved closer to her, smirking as he pressed kisses to her neck. "Nah, it gives us the whole place to ourselves to do whatever we want," He told her, clearly referring to the fact that they always seemed to be interrupted at her house.

She smiled uneasily and lightly pushed him away. "Not right now," She told him and looked back at the movie.

"Come on, Lex. I've had a shitty day," He told her, continuing to smile as he kissed along her neck and jaw.

"Oh, you've had a shitty day?" She retorted, laughing humorlessly, "Did you have a panic attack in front of the whole grade today?"

"What was with that, anyway?" Kaden asked, beginning to frown in concern.

"It was nothing," She replied quietly and looked down at the ground, "I heard some shit about what went down between you and Marcus."

"Why do you always talk about Marcus?" Kaden complained as he moved closer to her, his hand cupping her right breast and his lips attaching to her ear, "Let's not talk about Marcus. Let's not talk at all. Let's do something else."

Kaden lightly pushed her onto the couch with him hovering over her. He began to kiss her and Alex nervously laughed.

Of course, she kissed him back, but her attention seemed to be more on the video playing on the tv. "Kaden, you invited me here to watch a movie, remember?" She asked, nervously chucking as he kissed down her chest while his hands roamed her body.

"I've already seen it," He admitted, causing her to give him a weird look since he had been the one to chose it, "It's why I picked it. So I don't really have to watch it. I'd rather be doing something else."