21

MASK ON
— 21. Party

 That weekend, at the Wellsbury Fall Fest, much to Alex's annoyance, she had been forced by Max to join her, Ginny, and the others in doing facepaint on children there

"So you and Kaden are back together?" Abby asked, causing Alex to turn to her curiously.

"Uh, yeah," Alex awkwardly answered, forcing a smile on her face.

"Ginny told us he, like, gave you this nice ass necklace," Max spoke up with a large smile on her face, "Why aren't you wearing it?"

"I didn't want to lose it," Alex admitted, smirking since it was still in the bushes outside her house.

"These brushes are not giving me the right blend," Norah complained as she was in the middle of painting a tiger on a young girl's face.

"Who are you? Bob Ross?" Abby asked, letting out a large scoff, "Just paint the damn tiger stripes."

"Okay, look at this," Norah retorted as she turned the girl's head in Abby's direction, "Okay, look at this. I'm an artist."

"Eh, it's okay," She replied, earning an annoyed look from Norah.

She turned, watching as fake blood spilled from Max's face as she was in the middle of painting a kid's face. The girl let out a hysterical scream before running off, causing Alex and Abby to laugh at Max's actions while everyone else looked annoyed.

"You are a true, true psychopath," Ginny complained, giving Max an annoyed look.

"Thank you," Max smirked and Alex turned to smile at the girl.

"Yes! Take the compliment. As you should," Alex told Max, who smiled back at her.

"Hey, guys," Samantha suddenly spoke up as she walked over to the girls, "Oh, my God, Ginny. Cute sweater."

"Thanks, Sam," Ginny replied and Alex rolled her eyes since now even her sister's taste in clothes was changing.

"So, did you decide on a Halloween costume yet?" She asked the group curiously, smiling widely.

Her eyes widening in alarm, Abby turned to give her friends an uneasy look.

"Yeah," Max replied, smiling nervously, "But it's a secret 'cause we're doing this whole reveal."

Alex looked back at Samantha, watching as her smile faded when she realized was being left out. Alex hated the girl but even she had to admit they were being screwed up.

"Okay," Samantha awkwardly answered and forced herself to smile, "Got it. I'll see you later."

"Uh, Ginny, how many views are you up to?" Max asked after Samantha was out of sight.

"14,899," Ginny answered, smiling proudly.

"Yeah, but who's counting?" Alex muttered under her breath, earning a glare from her twin sister.