26

MASK ON
— 26. Possessive

At the Bakers Residence, Ginny was sitting in Max's room, speaking about the whole ordeal with Alex, Georgia, and Maddie when Marcus walked in

Knowing that Ginny was there, a part of him expected to see Alex there as well, only to become disappointed when he saw only Ginny. "Hey, loser," Marcus greeted his sister in a calm tone, "Dad said Mom's working late, so we're on our own for dinner. Where's Alex? I thought she'd be here."

"No, my evil twin sister is too busy lying and committing felonies with my mother right now rather than actually act like a normal fifteen-year-old girl," Ginny complained, causing Marcus to frown in confusion.

"Are you okay?" Marcus asked, genuinely concerned while also another part of him knew that whatever Ginny was going to say, she was bound to mention Alex and he was desperate to know what the hell was going on with her lately.

"Not really," Ginny replied softly and shook her head, giving Marcus a look that told him she knew. She knew about his involvement with Alex and knew that was why he seemed so interested in what she had to say about the whole Georgia, Maddie, and Alex drama occurring.

"What's up?" Marcus asked and Ginny was about to tell him when Max interrupted them.

"None of yo business!" She exclaimed and Ginny sighed while Marcus shot his sister an annoyed look.

"No, it's okay. He can hear. He deserves to," Ginny assured Max, who was confused about why he deserved to. It was quite odd how Max and Marcus were closer to each other siblings-wise than Ginny and Alex yet Ginny knew about Alex's secret relationship with Marcus while Max didn't.

"Georgia has a secret sister that I never knew about who just showed up and Alex knew about this woman the whole time but never told me. Austin might be the next Ted Bundy, which gives me major flashbacks to the time I had to move schools the first week of eighth grade because Alex thought it'd be a good idea to stable a boy in the hand with a fork at lunch and to top it all off, this whole time, I thought my mom's parents were dead but they're not," She explained, causing Max and Marcus to stare at her with wide eyes, especially the part about Alex stabbing a kid in the hand with a fork in the middle.

What was the worst part about it was how Ginny was able to say it so calmly as if it were a normal occurrence.

"Okay, I would watch the shit outta that show, but wait..." Max trailed off to give Ginny a puzzled look, "Alex stabbed a kid in the hand with a fork once?"

"That sucks," Marcus replied softly, actually paying attention to what Ginny said instead of Max, who was acting like all of it was a joke.