16

MASK ON
— 16. Battle of the Bands

Fifteen years prior, at her daughters' age, Georgia felt uneasy as she and Zion walked into his mother's house

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Fifteen years prior, at her daughters' age, Georgia felt uneasy as she and Zion walked into his mother's house. They walked through the living room and into the room where Zion's mother stood.

The room was filled with baby clothes, two bassinets, two carriers, and numerous packages of diapers and toys.

The moment she saw them walk in, she smiled and turned to face them. "I picked up a few things," Lynette admitted, looking directly at Georgia, "I cleaned out the baby section of Barnes & Noble and got some stuff from Sweet Pea and Me."

She picked up two matching onesies and while Zion was smiling widely, Georgia stared at the onesies uneasily.

"Thanks, Ma," Zion began to speak to his mother, "This is—"

"I haven't even begun with you," She snapped at him in a cold tone, "This is how you handle your freedom? When we financially support your gap year, you knock up a homeless fifteen-year-old with twins."

Lynette sighed and looked back at Georgia, her eyes softening. "We're here for you..." She assured Georgia in a comforting tone and moved closer to her, "And for them."

Georgia began to smile and stepped toward Lynette. She sighed, sighing no time hugging her.

"There, there, now. It's okay," She assured Georgia in a soft tone, "We are gonna take care of everything. A woman ill-prepared is a woman set up for failure."

_____

When the night came for the Battle of the Bands to happen, despite being pissed at Kaden, she wasn't going to let that ruin her being there for Hunter, Padma, and Brodie.

Alex was standing with Abby, Max, Norah, and Ginny. Max was already hiding from Sophie, the girl she liked, but the moment Ginny and Alex spotted Kaden and Hunter from afar standing with Brodie, Jordan, and Press, both girls attempted to hide as well.

"Stop it! All three of you are being weird!" Abby complained in an annoyed tone.

Just then, Kaden was the first to walk over. He wrapped his arms around Alex from the back, only to have Alex roughly shove him off. "Can you not?" She snapped at him coldly.

"I was just playing," He scoffed as he gave her a look of disbelief, "What's your problem?"

"You," Alex growled at him in a low tone,  beginning to walk away, "That's my problem. I'm mad at you. Now, leave me alone."

"I didn't do anything wrong," Kaden argued, following after her as she made her way through the place.

Alex laughed humorlessly and rolled her eyes at him. She turned to face him. "That's a lie and you know it."