1

Erie silence, his usual background music

     Erie silence, his usual background music. So many failed to see how loud silence could be, and only realized it when the Decepticon TIC stepped into the room. Sometimes he was noticed, sometimes he was not. It was amusing when he wasn't, though the only one who always seemed to notice his presence was Megatron. The leader had always been aware of the other gladiator's presence, but it was to be expected, as in the Pits, one had to be constantly aware.

     The tapping of his digits on the flat, glowing keys made what Vehicons who entered the room of computers tense. Some may have had something to say, but they never drummed up the courage. He usually received short messages instead. Of this he was also amused. Soundwave had never lashed out at these clones, rarely had anything to do with them really. They simply were petrified by him and his legacy, his reputation. Silence was deadly, and it followed him.

     The tapping halted, causing a Vehicon who had come in for a file to freeze. Soundwave ignored him and stepped out of the room. He did not give many his attention, or a glance. There was always a more pressing matter at hand than socializing, something he really didn't know much about anyway. If he tried, or wanted to, he could probably hold a conversation, but speaking means not listening, not listening means missing something (possibly something important). Soundwave would rather listen and hear what others have to say. Besides, actions spoke louder than words.

     The lithe Decepticon entered another room, the Communications Room. As the Communications Office, Soundwave should spend most of his time here, but he had many tasks. He could take his work with him anyway, but the USB in his keeping was not compatible for his systems. 

         It was too old. 

Knockout shouldn't even have it, but the Medical Officer always seemed to have something everyone else doesn't. Unlike his ego. That was shared by Starscream. Megatron at times would show such a fault, but Soundwave knew better than to compare him to those two mildly idiotic mechs. Their unfortunate decisions sometimes seemed to go hand-in-hand, and it did nothing to help the Third in Command. Fixing Starscream's mistakes practically became a past time, like what humans call Football or the Olympics.

     Speaking of such beings, Soundwave watched the pictures of the three human children brighten his screen. Such odd creatures, yet not to different. Driven by hurt, love, desire, hatred. The similarities had startled the TIC at first, from governments to individual households and wars, but as he looked over their history, he realized it did not matter. Unlike Cybertronians, humans were bound to death. This was not the only thing that separated their species, of course. But it was the most intriguing to Soundwave. To him, death was merely a consequence of failure, not something utterly inevitable. Cybertronians became old, yes, but becoming one with the Allspark was a choice, for the most part.

     The three photos disappeared from the screen, only to reappear on his visor. They were at an education building. Why it was called 'school', Soundwave didn't bother to find out. He only wanted to know where this was exactly. The photos were blurry, taken by a now offlined Vehicon. He could find out where the Vehicon had been prior to taking the picture, but Knockout had failed to enter where they had been and claimed he could not remember. Meaning he had taken the Vehicon street racing as protection against getting his paint scratched. Or he didn't care to take note of where he was exactly and erased the coordinates from the Nemesis before Soundwave could search it. He was good at his work, but sometimes things passed him by. Insignificant things overall, but he did not like it.