17

"Isn't that the stuff that powers my eyes?" (Y/N) questioned from the platform, earning a tired huff from Ratchet, who had been working on the Synthetic Energon formula

         "It's called energon, and no, which may be a problem as we are very low. You said it only took a drop in each?"

         "In human terms." She gave a sober nod, expression relaxed, though she blinked often as her optics were a dry metal, her body trying to remedy this apparent problem. "It should last for a few days."

The medic nodded before injecting his experimental liquid into a motor. 

     (Y/N) was soon joined by Raphael, an excited look in his eyes when he noticed the green serum working, at least for the non-sentient machine. Ratchet wasn't so willing to claim victory as he peered into his microscope. It was stable, but they had not a clue of what it may do to a living Cybertronian once injected into their system. (Y/N) understood his concern, but if push came to shove, she wondered if their desperation for energon would make them easily manipulated into using it. 

         "If it's working, and hasn't caused any side effects so far on the motor, why not try it on a living being?  Would my optics work?" She inquired innocently.

         "Preposterous!" Was the annoyed answer. "If we tried this on your optics, who knows what would happen! It works on a machine, yes, and while your optics are falsely manufactured, they are still a part of your anatomy now. The effects on your human processor could very potentially be devastating."

     The reaction was very negative, but the seed had been planted in Ratchet's mind. Logic said the Synthetic Energon was safe so far, though medical and scientific practices said that it needed more refining and experimentation. It mattered little to (Y/N). All she needed to do was bring the formula to the Decepticons, or the concoction itself. It certainly wouldn't be an easy feat but as bots went out to hunt down more energon, she knew someone had a similar idea about their energon stores.

         "Ratchet let me help!" The human begged, a pathetic look on her face as she hissed when her arm was moved to far one way or the next. "Won't they want me back? I can act as bait and-"

         "And get captured again? You're an odd human, and idiotic if you think I'd allow you to do that. Just this morning you ate human food and purged not half an Earth hour later." He was frantically typing on the computer, all the while trying to convince Arcee to fall back after being cut off by a fly-by of the Seeker Armada. The 'Cons were smart, so they may have figured out how desperate they were for energon.

         "That was 45 minutes, to be exact, so there." (Y/N) flipped her hair with a bullheaded flair, knowing the attitude will be noted later on and in Miko's hearing. "The Synthetic Energon is a no-go, you said so yourself, so someone has to help Arcee!"

         "Fine, make yourself useful and go prepare an energon cart!" 

     With a salute, the human femme ran off, down the platform and towards the energon storage. She knew full well this was an impossible task, considering her size and the fact he probably believed she had no clue what an energon cart was. The last part could be deducted quite easily, but the discoloration of Ratchet's optics told more than enough that he had given in to the idea of using the Synthetic Energon. Raph had taken no notice or didn't express his concern when he was with them, but while she kept quiet, (Y/N) found it amusing how easily these bots were to manipulate in times of great need and desperation.