46

"The Decepticons have never ceased to surprise me

         "The Decepticons have never ceased to surprise me." (Y/N) admitted as she remained motionless on the berth, listening to Soundwave water the many plants still growing in his berthroom. Her voice box had yet to be fixed, and Soundwave wished Megatron would address the issue. "I now see that the strange trait has filtered into the faction's creations."

     Indeed, the transformation of the Predacon was a surprise no one could have predicted. Not even the esteemed Shockwave, always careful and calculating, could have predicted such a happening. (Y/N) was the one to record it, as Megatron had finally taken her to see Project Predacon, along with Starscream who had amusedly been bumbling and pleading uselessly for his life to be spared. Megatron had been exasperated with his antics, and the femme admitted she recorded it simply for blackmail purposes if he were to become a nuisance again, or a traitor (not that Soundwave saw a difference between the words when describing the Seeker). 

     Shockwave had given the two a tour of the singular hall that held his many creations. Beasts of all shapes and sizes worthy to be called weapons. (Y/N) was impressed with the number of weapons Shockwave had been able to uncover and develop in such a short time after the Terrorcon incident. The firepower was greatly needed after more than half of their military might had simply been whisked away by Arachnid's control over the Insecticons and C.Y.L.A.S.'s disease among the Drones. 

    Soundwave heard his lover stir on the berth, soft tapping of her digits clicking at his audio. He didn't bother to look up from the plants he was still watering in his human form, his chest once again dormant now that his connection to (Y/N) was between two Cybertronians. He felt an arm snake around his own as two pale hands now held the watering can. He glanced at the false human from beneath his darkened glasses, the bandana stiff over his mouth. He let her guide his arm as they watered what was left. 

     She held the same visage as her human self did, even her height, aside from her now human optics that sparkled a beautiful (E/C) beneath the grow lights. Soundwave did not imagine she would need her human form for much else other than their shared flora, but if she did, they both knew she would have to alter her visage to have her false, energon blue optics. He missed looking at them, but her faceplate held such a different effect on him with her natural colors. (Y/N) looked up at her lover, placing a gentle peck over the bandana that hid his mouth and nose. 

         "It is nice to lay beside you," she referenced their stiff forms displayed on his berth, their servos entwined in the middle, "but I do prefer to hold the servo of your conscious self. Makes me feel less lonely."

     Her voice grated against his audio, rough and hacked into near static. He wished to fix it, but that would be going against Megatron's own orders. After the last incident when (Y/N) herself had done just that by investigating the Terrorcon fiasco, prolonged waiting for her voicebox to be completed seemed to be her punishment. Soundwave wanted to hear her voice again. The raw sound from her vocals and not a recording she would often provide if she felt he wanted to hear it.